NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 26, 2018 – Through the vision, “generations of thriving, diverse and compassionate Christian leaders for The United Methodist Church and the world,” the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry (GBHEM) announced the launch of the CONNECT ANEW campaign. CONNECT ANEW encompasses the agency’s work to meet the evolving leadership needs of the church.
CONNECT ANEW introduces the many initiatives that GBHEM is undertaking to position the agency as a leadership development and spiritual formation center for The United Methodist Church. Each initiative within CONNECT ANEW plays a vital role in GBHEM’s preparation and transition. The projects encompassed under the CONNECT ANEW campaign are:
- Research on the agency’s effectiveness, as well as the leadership needs of the church from the perspectives of the audiences GBHEM, serves, completed through the ROI (Return on Investment) Institute.
- Branding research and refresh, in partnership with DVL Seigenthaler, a Finn Partners Company and public relations firm, to represent the identity of the agency’s leadership development and spiritual formation center.
- Restructure of the agency’s staff to maximize talents and resources.
- Training initiatives within and outside of the agency that support the creation of a leadership center.
- Exploration for the physical location GBHEM, as well as shared space with other church agencies to maximize collaboration and financial stewardship.
GBHEM will share updates and results on the initiatives within CONNECT ANEW as they become available. Stay tuned for additional information.
About GBHEM: As the leadership development agency of The United Methodist Church, the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry’s mission is to build capacity for United Methodist lay and clergy leaders to discover, claim and flourish in Christ’s calling in their lives, by creating connections and providing resources to aid in recruitment, education, professional development and spiritual formation. Every elder, deacon and licensed local pastor benefits from our training and candidacy programs. Many young adults find help in clarifying their vocation and God’s call in their lives through our leadership and discernment programs. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook: @GBHEM.