Please be advised
It has come to our attention, two email accounts have been created or “spoofed” that are not currently, nor have they been, associated with the Indiana Conference of The United Methodist Church.
If you received an email from “Indiana United Methodist Church” with the email address “email@example.com” and subject line “Support David” or from “Pastor Julius C. Trimble” with email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” please be advised and aware, and delete the email without opening.
Please note, any legitimate emails that come from the Indiana Conference will read;
- “Indiana Conference of The United Methodist Church” – email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- “United Methodist Churches of Indiana” – email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skyler Nimmons, Communications Director, email@example.com
- Information on church finances, tithe, etc. will come from Heidi Harding, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ian Hall, email@example.com or the Council on Finance and Administration.
- Any email from Bishop Julius C. Trimble will read “Bishop Julius C. Trimble”.
All legitimate emails will reflect the current INUMC logo and brand and will not utilize the old INUMC logo. (see below)
These instances are a reminder to proceed with caution when opening an email from a person or organization that you do not recognize. The Indiana Conference of The United Methodist Church, otherwise known as the United Methodist Churches of Indiana will never, in an official capacity, list a GoFundMe, or other third-party donation platforms for donations that are conference-wide, unless otherwise noted. The email in question has been reported to GoFundMe and PayPal.
If you receive an email from a Conference Staff Member, Extended Cabinet Member (Superintendents & Director, or Bishop Trimble) that look suspect in nature, please contact the Indiana Conference directly at 317-924-1321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.