The Candidacy Retreat
The Candidacy Retreat is a great first step for anyone considering going into ministry. Nonetheless, in order to be able to attend the retreat, you must complete the items listed below:
2. Contact your Conference Superintendent or your District Committee on Ministry (dCOM) Chairperson.
- You will meet with your Conference Superintendent and your dCOM to discuss your call to ministry.
- You will be asked to fill out and submit two forms (BC2 & 114) to the Administrator of Ministerial Services, so that a background check can be ordered for you. The next steps will be contingent upon receipt of a clear background check.
- Once a report of a clear background check is received, and your process is approved by your Conference Superintendent, a profile will be created for you in eBridge and you will be provided access to it by Luska Natali, Administrator of Ministerial Services.
4. Prepare for the retreat.
- The Administrator of Ministerial Services will upload the Candidacy Checklist into your eBridge profile. You will use that checklist as a guide to the process and timeline of documentation submission.
- Pay close attention to deadlines. You will have several documents to submit and it is best to work ahead so you do not run into a delay that may affect your meeting with your dCOM.
- The deadlines for the retreat registration fee payment and documentation submission are December 1 for the January retreat, and June 1 for the July retreat. No exceptions will be made.
5. Attend the retreat (yay!)
- The 2024 retreat dates are January 5 & 6 and July 12 & 13.
- Make sure to take a laptop with you. You will need it to take your psychological assessment.
- Dress code is casual.
6. Certification Process
- Meet regularly with your Candidacy Mentoring Group.
- Prepare for certification interview.
- Meet with your Minister Assessment Specialist (MAS), who will be assigned to you by the Administrator of Ministerial Services.
- Submit the post-retreat and post-interview documents.
- Meet with dCOM for certification interview.