Leadership Labs for Support Leaders of Emerging Leaders
What are Leadership Labs?
- Intentional time together to consider current information and new possibilities
- Designed for all who support emerging leaders (children, youth, college students, young adults)
- Discussion based – benefit from one another’s wisdom and experience
- Will generate ideas you can use in your ministry now and into the future
- Provide connection and growth
- Your role, title or pay (or lack of) do not matter – all leaders are welcome
- No Cost
- Chose an area one day option or online option
Our 2019 Conversation will include:
- Empowering Volunteers
- Discipleship of Families
- Personal Spiritual Development
Where and When?
Fall 2019 Options – Chose a day option in your area
Each Lab is from 1-5 p.m. local time
- September 5 – Fishers – North Central District
Fishers UMC, 9691 E. 116th St., Fishers 46037
- September 7 – Orleans – South District
Orleans UMC, 171 S. Second St. (2nd and Washington), Orleans 47452
- September 21 – Muncie – East District
College Ave. UMC, 100 N College Ave., Muncie 47303
- October 5 – Terre Haute – West District
Memorial UMC, 2701 Poplar St., Terre Haute 47803
- November 2 – Munster – North District
Ridge UMC, 8607 Columbia Ave, Munster 46321
How Do I participate?
Please include in your e-mail:
- Your Name
- Option of where you would like to participate or online
- Best Contact Phone Number
We will be in contact with you with further information about joining the Leadership Lab.
More Details about Leadership Lab Content –
Outline of Leadership Lab Conversation
1. Empowering Volunteers – Equipping Leaders
-Where to start – educating congregation, culture of call, partnering with Pastor and Lay Leadership
-Intentionality – speaking honestly, knowing your people, investing deeply
-Your leadership – what does it speak to others?
2. Discipleship of Families – Leading Parents
-How to make it a priority – we are on the same team
-Build relationships – conversations that matter
-Support and learning opportunities – provide them and join in when available
3. Personal Spiritual Development
-Connection with peers
-What works for you?
-What is your calling?