Programs and services offered through Wespath promote well-being among individuals and congregations. Annual conferences and other United Methodist Church (UMC)-affiliated organizations can sponsor these programs and services for their clergy and lay employees. The well-being programs offered through Wespath have been recognized with the Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles award from the National Business Group on Health. They are tailored for our participants with Indiana Conference of United Methodist Church.
Explore each topic for further details.
LIVE AND WORK WELL
The Indiana Conference of the United Methodist Church values the health of its clergy members and their families. With resources such as Wellness Incentives and the Blueprint for Wellness, our clergy and their spouses are encouraged to live healthy lives. For more information on the available programs, please view our menu selection on the right side of this page.
INUMC WELLNESS BENEFITS
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Access Code – Wespath Benefits and Investments
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers two support programs for participants:
- Work/Life Services
- Emotional Counseling Services
These programs are offered through United Behavioral Health (UBH). All services are absolutely confidential. Work/Life Services provides participants with information and referrals for a variety of personal needs at no out-of-pocket cost.
Work/Life Services provides answers and information on a wide variety of topics at no out-of-pocket cost. As a Participant, you are able to call and discuss your request with UBH. UBH then does all the research and provides the information back in just a few days. This confidential service is available to HealthFlex participants any time, day or night.
Services include the following:
- Household services—Plumbers, housekeepers, carpenters, dry cleaners, auto repair shops, electricians
- Entertainment—Theater tickets, golf, travel agents, concerts
- Health and wellness—Fitness centers, all-night pharmacies, chronic care support services
- Personal services—Apartment brokers, caterers, tailors, pet services, life learning support
- Shopping—Clothing, antiques, sporting goods, specialty stores, shopping services for the elderly or disabled
- Child care—Day care options, after-school programs and special services
- Elder care—Day programs, residential facilities and services for home-bound individuals
- Financial services*—Investment planning, debt reduction, budget management
- Legal and mediation services**—State-specific will, power of attorney, contractual disputes, estate settlement
Confidential, with Eight Free Visits – Services are completely confidential. Your first eight in-person visits are provided with no out-of-pocket cost
if you follow steps 1, 2 and 3 for authorization; additional visits have a low co-payment. Some services are
available free over the telephone or online.
You can find out more about the EAP at the UBH website by logging onto your HealthFlex WebMD and selecting at “EAP-LIVE AND WORK WELL” under vendor links or call 1-800-788-5614. If the services are rendered as the result of an Emergency, you, or a family member, should contact UBH within 48 hours.
If you feel you are a threat to yourself or someone else,
Call 911 or Go to the nearest Emergency Room.
- New MDLIVE* Telemedicine Services—Talk with a consulting physician 24/7, either through videoconferencing or by phone, when you can’t get to your own provider but need a professional medical opinion and treatment or prescription quickly. Great for non-emergent acute conditions like cold/flu, skin concerns, sore throats and more. Register for MDLive on HealthFlex/WebMD or by phone at 1-888-750-4991
- Obtain Maintenance Medications through Walgreens or Home Delivery. For your convenience, you may fill 90-day maintenance prescriptions at a local Walgreens pharmacy or through the OptumRx Home Delivery (mail-order) service. Participant cost share and cost to HealthFlex will be the same under either option.
- Behavioral Health Benefits Changes. Behavioral health benefits will have the same in-network and out-of-network co-payments and/or deductible and co-insurance as your medical plan benefits. However, behavioral health outpatient office visits with an out-of-network provider will be covered at in-network levels up to a “reasonable and customary” amount. (See benefits booklets for details.)
- OptumRx Formulary Changes. Some Medications Not Covered. Certain medications with no clear clinical advantage will no longer be covered if a comparable alternative is available, as part of the HealthFlex and OptumRx commitment to keeping costs lower. OptumRx will contact impacted participants directly beginning in November about medications no longer covered.
- Nurseline* through your Medical Carrier. When you aren’t sure if you need to contact a physician, you can call the nurseline number on your 2019 medical ID card 24/7 with questions about symptoms, an injury or general health questions.
- Virgin Pulse Rewards Changes. Watch for upcoming communications on Virgin Pulse’s streamlined approach to earning incentives in 2019.
- MDLIVE telemedicine and nurseline services do not replace the expertise of your personal physician or other primary care provider (PCP). Consult your PCP for more comprehensive diagnostics and guidance.