Watch for further information through your Healthflex WedMD and click on your Alex Benefits Counselor to help you compare different plan options, explain how your personal premium credit works, and get a view at your tentative rate for your church budget or charge conference.
Mailings from Wespath begin in Mid September.
EVENT – HealthFlex Exchange Information Meetings are scheduled for October
– Click Here for Meeting Locations.
UPDATES TO YOUR HEALTHFLEX BENEFITS
- New MDLIVE* Telemedicine Services—Talk with a consulting physician 24/7, either through videoconferencing or by phone, when you can’t get to your own provider but need a professional medical opinion and treatment or prescription quickly. Great for non-emergent acute conditions like cold/flu, skin concerns, sore throats and more. Register for MDLive on HealthFlex/WebMD or by phone at 1-888-750-4991
- Obtain Maintenance Medications through Walgreens or Home Delivery. For your convenience, you may fill 90-day maintenance prescriptions at a local Walgreens pharmacy or through the OptumRx Home Delivery (mail-order) service. Participant cost share and cost to HealthFlex will be the same under either option.
- Behavioral Health Benefits Changes. Behavioral health benefits will have the same in-network and out-of-network co-payments and/or deductible and co-insurance as your medical plan benefits. However, behavioral health outpatient office visits with an out-of-network provider will be covered at in-network levels up to a “reasonable and customary” amount. (See benefits booklets for details.)
- OptumRx Formulary Changes. Some Medications Not Covered. Certain medications with no clear clinical advantage will no longer be covered if a comparable alternative is available, as part of the HealthFlex and OptumRx commitment to keeping costs lower. OptumRx will contact impacted participants directly beginning in November about medications no longer covered.
- Nurseline* through your Medical Carrier. When you aren’t sure if you need to contact a physician, you can call the nurseline number on your 2019 medical ID card 24/7 with questions about symptoms, an injury or general health questions.
- Virgin Pulse Rewards Changes. Watch for upcoming communications on Virgin Pulse’s streamlined approach to earning incentives in 2019.
- MDLIVE telemedicine and nurseline services do not replace the expertise of your personal physician or other primary care provider (PCP). Consult your PCP for more comprehensive diagnostics and guidance.
- Upcoming Webinars & Events through Wespath
Retiree Health Benefits change from AmWins to Via Benefits Beginning 2020
Beginning January 1, 2020, the current retiree health plan offered to you by the Indiana Conference through AmWins will be replaced by a program administered by Willis Towers Watson’s Via Benefits, the nation’s leading provider of health care solutions for Medicare-eligible retirees. This change applies to all eligible current and future retirees, their covered spouses, and surviving spouses covered by Medicare Parts A and B, as well as to disabled participants who are Medicare-eligible. Communications have been mailed to you regarding the details of this change.
Meetings were conducted September 4th and 5th and if you were not able to attend one of the meetings. The following alternatives are available:
Alternative to Live Meetings
Via Benefits offers these additional retiree educational opportunities via www.my.viabenefits.com/wespath:
- Anytime Audio Recordings
- Anytime Web Recordings
- Live Audio Call-In Meeting
In August, the “Getting Started Guide” was mailed to each current participant of the supplemental health program. It explains the steps to take during this transition.
What you can do now is the following:
Step 1– Create your Profile online with Via Benefit s www.my.viabenefits.com/wespath (if you have access to a computer)
Step 2 – Schedule your call learn about your plan options – Scheduling an appointment helps to expedite your enrollment call and gets you to a licensed benefit advisor more quickly.
Step 3 – Learn about your plan options by talking to your Via Benefits Advisor or researching the website under www.my.viabenefits.com/wespath
Should you have questions, Via Benefits is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm ET and can be reached directly at 1-866-249-7785 or online www.my.viabenefits.com/wespath. Please remember to register and create an account to your personal health plan information on the Via Benefits Website.
Welcome to Benefit News
The 2020 Healthflex Exchange and the Upcoming 2019 Annual Election Period
The 2020 Church Contribution is $1300.
How your Health Insurance Rate will be Determined through the Conference?
ALEX BENEFITS COUNSELOR WILL BE AVAILABLE THROUGH HEALTHFLEX WEBMD MID SEPTEMBER
1. Participant starts with the premium credit
2. Alex Benefit Counselor will help you identify the best plan for you and your family
3. Subtracts the plan selections rates from credit
4. Alex Benefit Counselor will identify the participant’s rate
5. Annual Election Begins – October 30th
6. Participant completes their Annual Elections
7. Annual Election Ends – November 14th
8. Wespath reports final premium rates for participant to Conference
9. Health Insurance Statements in December
ALEX helps you truly understand your benefits along with you will be able to make smarter, more cost-effective choices.
Your personal Benefit Advisor (Alex) will be available through your Healthflex WebMD mid September
- Before open enrollment, ALEX gives a sneak peek into benefits changes and reminds you about important deadlines
- During open enrollment, ALEX offers robust, personalized guidance about which health plan to choose, and how much to save in retirement and tax-savings accounts
- After enrollment: ALEX helps employees get the most outof their plans throughout the year.
Health Benefit Updates
Outside of the Annual Election Period, changes to elections or enrollments can be made due to a “Qualifying Life Event” (QLE), including marriage, divorce, birth/adoption, death of a spouse/dependent, or loss of a spouse’s or eligible dependent’s health coverage within 30 days of that life event. If you have a change and it falls outside of that 30 day QLE period your change is due on or before November 14. You will complete theHealthFlex and OneExchange Enrollment/Change Forms to add/drop dependents or enroll/terminate during a qualifying life event. You will have 30 days to submit your request to the Benefits area of the Conference. This form is located under the Benefits Forms tab.
Communications will be mailed and emailed to you to review information regarding the 2020 plans under the Healthflex Exchange.
PLEASE KEEP POSTED WEEKLY FOR UPDATES
- New Updates to Services for 2020 – 1st mailing in late August
- Participant’s nearing Medicare Eligibility (Age 65+) – Consideration for HDHP Plans
HSA Limit Changes
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (“Act”), passed by Congress with a January 1, 2019 effective date, changed the calculation for 2019 health savings account (“HSA”) limits. The IRS has issued new guidance, which includes a reduction in allowable HSA contributions for families—from $6,900 to $7000. (The limit for employees with self-only coverage is unchanged at $3500.)
Several large employer groups plan to ask the IRS for relief, since employee elections were made according to the previous IRS guidance. Wespath will monitor the situation until late summer. If the IRS has not responded, HealthFlex will modify participant contribution amounts to avoid excess contributions. (The HealthFlex plan document does not permit contributions in excess of the limit.) Since most participants elect to have their contributions made in equal amounts throughout the year, adjustments can generally be delayed until late in the year.
Click here to View De-Mystifying Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Please Read – HSA Adoption Agreement – Terms – Conditions
Wespath has implemented an enhancement to the single sign on (SSO) from WebMD to Blue Cross Blue Shield today. It now uses a more modern technology, which should bolster security (not that it was lacking before). Because the SSO will point to a new “website” (that looks the same as the old one), participants will need to re-register and accept new terms and conditions. Information needed to register includes: Name, Birthdate, and Identification number (not including “GBH”) and the Group Number from their medical ID card.
HEALTHFLEX DENTAL WELLNESS PLUS INCENTIVE PLAN
How to Increase Your Dental Plan Maximum
Under the dental plan offered through HealthFlex, individuals have the opportunity to increase their plan maximum benefit on a calendar-year basis merely by doing their annual routine exam for oral health care and getting their preventive dental services. Individuals who receive their preventive services will have their plan maximum increased by $150 for each calendar year they complete their preventive services (up to $450 maximum above the standard benefit).
Why Is This Important?
Encouraging preventive care contributes to your overall good health, along with potentially leading to fewer treatment claims and lower costs over time. Preventive dental care can also help diagnose the onset of some medical conditions and potentially avoid complications for other diseases.
Wellness Incentive Plan
Your plan is designed to encourage yearly visits to your dentist for preventive care. If a covered person obtains Class 1 Services (preventive) in a calendar year, the annual maximum benefit progresses to the next level ($150 higher) in the following calendar year. The increase applies to both in-network and out-of-network annual maximums. The maximum can be increased in three consecutive years for a total of $450 above your standard dental benefit. Refer to the Cigna Benefit Summary for provisions regarding your dental plan or log into mycigna.com to view your plan details and current maximum benefit.
How to Use My Vision Eye Care Discount Benefits:
Using your VSP benefit is easy:
- Find the right eye care provider for you and your family. You can choose to see a VSP doctor or any other provider within the network.
- Review your benefits information through your HealthFlex WebMD or your review your Vision Benefit Summary
- At your appointment, tell them you have VSP. There’s no ID card required. A vision card is available to print through your HealthFlex WebMD or download from the mobile site.
That’s it! We’ll handle the rest—there are no claim forms to complete when you see a VSP doctor. If you choose to go out-of-network and see a provider other than a VSP doctor, you typically have 12 months to submit a claim to VSP for out-of-network reimbursement. Login to your HealthFlex WebMD to see what the plan offers in coverage for other providers (out-of-network) and for details on how to submit a claim.
Have Questions? Call VSP Member Services at 800.877.7195 to speak with a Member Services Representative.
The relationship between Indiana University Health and United Methodist of Indiana began 1899 when young people of the International Epworth League provided $4750 to establish Methodist Hospital. One of the ways that partnership continues over 100 years later is the courtesy discount IU Health extends to all active clergy insured through the Indiana Conference of United Methodist insurance plans under Healthflex. Nearly 600 pastors and conference staff benefit from this relationship. All IU Health hospitals ( and IU Health BILLED entities) participate in this discount.
Click Here for more details – 2019 Letter to UMC Ministers
Healthflex continues to service us as the insurance providers this plan year with the following plan tiers and rates.
- The Health Insurance Coverage Tiers consist of the following:
- Single (or employee only coverage)
- Employee and One Dependent
- The Church/Conference contribution to health insurance premiums has increased to $1253 for 2019
- The premiums for PPO plans have increased by 6% for each coverage level
- There continues to be no increase in premiums for the CDHP or HDHP consumer-driven plans for 2019
The new rates for 2019 are represented in the chart below.
Medical insurance premiums are deducted from your pre-tax salary/pay. This means that you are paying for your medical insurance, life and medical reimbursements accounts before any of the federal, state, and other taxes are deducted.
The dates for Open Enrollment will be scheduled in November. More information will be sent out prior to Open Enrollment to communicate the process and any other general changes from Healthflex.