You may increase your FSA election to $2,750, please log in to HealthFlex/WebMD, click “Annual Election is here”, and update your election. Please contact your benefit support staff representative for more details.
Healthflex WedMD helped you to work through your ALEX BENEFITS COUNSELOR and obtain the 2020 Health Insurance Rate. This rate can be shared with your church treasuer.
The 2019 Health Benefits webpages will contain the latest information as it is available to the Conference. Please direct questions to Linda.Eskew@inumc.org
2020 BLUEPRINT FOR WELLNESS
- Health screenings are open to active participants and spouses in HealthFlex to take at a Quest Diagnostic Center between January 2nd and July 31st – (Form available below to take to a Quest Diagnostic Center)
- Incentives – $100 HealthCash* and Wellness Points. Both participant and spouse can earn incentives.
- Convenient options – Take the screening at a local Quest Diagnostics facility or with your own private healthcare provider.
- Wellness Points – Earn 20 Points for each of six health measures that meet the American Heart Association’s “healthy” guidelines (or for showing improvement vs. your 2018 Blueprint for Wellness results). Six health measures that meet the criteria – up to 120 Wellness Points total.
- If you didn’t do Blueprint for Wellness in 2019, Don’t Miss Out in 2020!
- You will need to fast overnight for the most accurate results. Ask your doctor if it is safe for you to fast
How to complete your screening with the Quest Diagnostic Wellness Online Administrator
Register for your Blueprint for Wellness Screening form through your Healthflex WebMD.
~ ANNUAL CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FOR BLUE PRINT FOR WELLNESS WILL OPEN IN APRIL
Helpful Appointment Information
For questions, contact the Health & Wellness Service Center: 1(855) 623-9355
Participants who wish to pay a lower “wellness” premium in 2020 through a wellness screening and cannot attend Annual Conference or a Quest Diagnostic Patient Center by July 31st can complete the Physical Completion Form below no later than November 1, 2020. A form will be available here to download in August.
Learn more at www.wespath.org – Blue Print for Wellness.
* Must be enrolled in Virgin Pulse to earn HealthCash.
2019 Annual Elections
Annual Election Communication One – What is a Premium Credit?
Annual Election Communication Two – Health Account and How They Work.
ALEX BENEFITS COUNSELOR NOW AVAILABLE THROUGH YOUR HEALTHFLEX WEBMD
2019 Step by Step Annual Election Process
2. Participant starts with the premium credit (see chart above)
3. Alex Benefit Counselor will help you identify the best plan for you and your family
4. Subtracts the plan selections rates from credit
5. Alex Benefit Counselor will identify the participant’s rate
6. Annual Election Begins – October 30th
7. Participant completes their Annual Elections
8. Annual Election Ends – November 14th
9. Wespath reports final premium rates for participant to Conference
10. Health Insurance Statements in December
ALEX helps you truly understand your benefits along with you will be able to make smarter, more cost-effective choices.
EVENT – HealthFlex Exchange Information Meetings are scheduled for October
Please attend one of the meetings below to better understand your new health benefits. The Healthflex Exchange meetings will provide information on:
• How HealthFlex plans work
• How to choose the right plan for you
• How premium credits work
• What are health accounts (HSA, HRA and FSA)
• How to use the online benefit tool ALEX
• How to make your annual elections
Your personal Benefit Advisor (Alex) will be available through your Healthflex WebMD mid September
- Before open enrollment, ALEX gives a sneak peek into benefits changes and reminds you about important deadlines
- During open enrollment, ALEX offers robust, personalized guidance about which health plan to choose, and how much to save in retirement and tax-savings accounts
- After enrollment: ALEX helps employees get the most outof their plans throughout the year.
Health Benefit Updates
Outside of the Annual Election Period, changes to elections or enrollments can be made due to a “Qualifying Life Event” (QLE), including marriage, divorce, birth/adoption, death of a spouse/dependent, or loss of a spouse’s or eligible dependent’s health coverage within 30 days of that life event. If you have a change and it falls outside of that 30 day QLE period your change is due on or before November 14. You will complete the HealthFlex and OneExchange Enrollment/Change Forms to add/drop dependents or enroll/terminate during a qualifying life event. You will have 30 days to submit your request to the Benefits area of the Conference. This form is located under the Benefits Forms tab.
Retiree Health Benefits change from AmWins to Via Benefits Beginning 2020
Beginning January 1, 2020, the current retiree health plan offered to you by the Indiana Conference through AmWins will be replaced by a program administered by Willis Towers Watson’s Via Benefits, the nation’s leading provider of health care solutions for Medicare-eligible retirees. This change applies to all eligible current and future retirees, their covered spouses, and surviving spouses covered by Medicare Parts A and B, as well as to disabled participants who are Medicare-eligible. Communications have been mailed to you regarding the details of this change.
If you were not able to attend one of the meetings. The following alternatives are available:
Alternative to Live Meetings
Via Benefits offers these additional retiree educational opportunities via www.my.viabenefits.com/wespath:
- Anytime Audio Recordings
- Anytime Web Recordings
- Live Audio Call-In Meeting
The “2019 Getting Started Guide” and the “2019 Enrollment Guide“ was mailed to each current participant of the supplemental health program. It explains the steps to take during this transition from AmWins to Via Benefits.
Completed your Enrollment – What’s Next
Step 1– Create your Profile online with Via Benefit s www.my.viabenefits.com/wespath to manage your benefits (if you have access to a computer)
A. Go to My.ViaBenefits.com/Funds
B. Log into your VIA Benefits online account
C. Click Funds & Reimbursement
D. Click Reimbursement Center
E. Click Profile/Enroll in Direct Deposit
Indiana Conference provides tax-free funding to help reimburse your eligible health care expenses. After you pay your health care provider, you can get
reimbursed directly from the available funds.
Step 2 – Be sure to review your elections for accuracy in enrollment process
Step 3 – HRA Welcome Kit in Mid-January
A participant can submit a reimbursement online through the website. If the participant does not want to submit through the website they can download the forms and submit the form for reimbursement through fax or mail. The participants can set up direct deposit when setting up their account online. Direct deposit is a 3 day turnaround and paper check is up to 7-10 days.
Should you have questions, Via Benefits is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm ET and can be reached directly at 1-866-249-7785 or online www.my.viabenefits.com/wespath. Please remember to register and create an account to your personal health plan information on the Via Benefits Website.
Medicare Eligible Participants Still Actively Working and on Healthflex
Most people enroll in Medicare Part A (hospital coverage) when they turn 65, whether they are working or not. This is because Part A is premium free for most people. You earn this benefit by paying into the Medicare program while you’re working. You qualify for premium-free Part A if you or your spouse contributed to Medicare for at least 10 years.
An active working lay person age 65 and older may remain on the Conference Sponsored Health Plan under Wespath until the first day of their retirement date. For as long as you have health insurance through INUMC or an employer for which your spouse actively works after you turn 65, you have the right to delay enrolling in Medicare until the employment or the coverage stops (whichever happens first).
At that point, you’re entitled to a special enrollment period of up to eight months to sign up for Medicare without incurring any late penalties. It is important to contact the Social Security
Once you decide to retire you may continue on the Wespath Via Benefits plan until you discontinue the plan and term it. The rates for the plan will depend on the plans you elect through Via Benefits. You will receive the Surviving Spouse benefits as long as you continue on the Conference Sponsor Health Plan. I suggest you call the Social Security Administration Office and let them know that you plan to continue to work and that you would like to delay your benefits until your retirement date at which time you will begin your Medicare Part B. I will also have information for the person attending the Healthflex Exchange Meeting for person eligible for Medicare. Please ask when signing in for that information.
- 1 (800) 772-1213
- Visit – www.ssa.gov/agency/contact
RESOURCES FOR HDHP MEDICARE ACTIVE PARTICIPANTS
- Participant’s nearing Medicare Eligibility (Age 65+) – Consideration for HDHP Plans
The 2020 Church Contribution is $1300.
The 2020 Benefit Plan year will provide more options to choose from for medical, dental and vision. Wespath has put in place tools that will help you make the best plan decision for you and your family. Below you will find the resources that will highlight and help in understanding the key differences and similarities between the various health plans.
Healthflex Plan Benefits
- How do I choose (Plan Comparisons)
- HealthFlex Exchange Plan Comparisons (Medical – Dental – Vision – Health Accounts)
- 2020 Healthflex Medical Plan Premiums
- Health Premium Credit
- Dental and Vision Premium Chart
- Final list may change—subject to OptumRx Preventive Premium drug list
TELEPHONE SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE
You can contact our Annual Election (AE) support center for information as follows:
- Help in making your Annual Elections
- Basic Medical Plan Information
- HSA vs HRA vs. PPO plans
- Understanding Health Account Information
- Differences and Limits
AE Support: 1-844-688-1375
Monday – Friday/7 am – 7 pm., Central Time
Healthflex Exchange Benefit Meeting Presentation
Health Benefit Updates
Outside of the Annual Election Period, changes to elections or enrollments can be made due to a “Qualifying Life Event” (QLE)“, including marriage, divorce, birth/adoption, death of a spouse/dependent, or loss of a spouse’s or eligible dependent’s health coverage within 30 days of that life event. If you have a change and it falls outside of that 30 day QLE period your change is due on or before November 14. You will complete the HealthFlex and OneExchange Enrollment/Change Forms to add/drop dependents or enroll/terminate during a qualifying life event. You will have 30 days to submit your request to the Benefits area of the Conference. This form is located under the Benefits Forms.
- Opt Out – Waiver Notice
- CAN I OPT OUT OF THE HEALTH COVERAGE THROUGH THE CONFERENCE?
A participant may waive coverage where premiums are not withheld from their wages due to the following reasons:
Supporting documents of other coverage will be required.
- 1. Covered under former or current employer
2. Dependent on Spouse’s Plan
- 1. Covered under former or current employer
- Please Note: Church Contribution will continue to be billed to the church for a full-time clergyperson.
- CAN I OPT OUT OF THE HEALTH COVERAGE THROUGH THE CONFERENCE?
PLEASE KEEP POSTED WEEKLY FOR UPDATES REGARDING YOUR HEALTH BENEFITS
- New Updates to Services for 2020 – 1st mailing occured in late August
- Participant’s nearing Medicare Eligibility (Age 65+) – Consideration for HDHP Plans
Healthflex continues to service us as the insurance providers this plan year with the following plan tiers and rates.
- The Health Insurance Coverage Tiers consist of the following:
- Single (or employee only coverage)
- Employee and One Dependent
- The Church/Conference contribution to health insurance premiums has increased to $1300 for 2020
- The Medical Plan Options will include the same network of providers and same prescription drug Rx formularies.
- The wellness and preventive services are covered at 100%, with not deductible required for each of the medical plans.
- The out-of-pocket maximum includes the deductible, co-payments and co-insurance from medical, behavioral health and pharmacy services.
- Inpatient services and outpatients services/procedures (other than office visits) require the deductible to paid first, then the plan pays for the associated co-insurance.
MEDICAL PLAN BENEFIT SUMMARIES
The new rates for 2020 are represented in the chart below.
Medical insurance premiums are deducted from your pre-tax salary/pay. This means that you are paying for your medical insurance, life and health accounts (FSA-HSA) before any of the federal, state, and other taxes are deducted.
The dates for Open Enrollment will be scheduled October 30th – November 14th. Information has been mailed out about the 2019 Annual Election Period.
Access the full HealthFlex/WebMD site from the WebMD with information and materials about your health benefits. Don’t miss important HealthFlex information. Just click to get connected! HEALTHFLEX WEBMD
Having trouble logging in to your Healthflex WebMD?
- Call WebMD at 1-866-302-5742 if you need assistance
Need to talk to someone about your HealthFlex benefits or well-being programs?
Whether you just have a specific question or your concern requires an in-depth discussion, your financial planner can provide the personalized guidance you need to develop an action plan. If you don’t know where to start, EY professionals are skilled interviewers who can put you on the right track.
The services are Confidential, Unbiased Guidance at no additional cost to you.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Depending on your question, EY may need some information. They can take it over the phone, or you can provide it by fax, e-mail or upload it to the EY website. You may alsowant to provide them your account information through Benefits Access.
Visit your Wespath Benefit Access and follow these steps:
- Select Take Action from the toolbar.
- Under UPDATE PERSONAL DATA, choose “Change E&Y authorization.”
- Select the button that reads, “I authorize E&Y financial planners to view my
Benefits Access account.” (They can view your account information, but they
can’t submit transactions. PLUS, you can change this preference at any time.)
Wespath provides a variety of resources for your Health, Well-Being and Welfare. These resources to enable you to have the information you need at your finger tips and view at your own convenience. There are programs and services offered through Wespath to promote well-being among individuals and their congregations. Participants can log into HealthFlex/WebMD for details about Virgin Pulse, Blueprint for Wellness, WebMD coaching, HealthQuotient (HQ), employee assistance program and wellness incentives.
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE HEALTHFLEX MD
- If you need assistance with logging on or have questions, you may call (866) 302-5742
Final list may change—subject to OptumRx Preventive Premium drug list
Mid-Year Changes to HSA can occur to the amount you contribute to your HSA at any time during the plan year. If you are changing the amount contributed via payroll on a pre-tax basis.
HSA Limit Changes
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (“Act”), passed by Congress with a January 1, 2019 effective date, changed the calculation for 2019 health savings account (“HSA”) limits. The IRS has issued new guidance, which includes a reduction in allowable HSA contributions for families—from $6,900 to $7000. (The limit for employees with self-only coverage is unchanged at $3500.)
Several large employer groups plan to ask the IRS for relief, since employee elections were made according to the previous IRS guidance. Wespath will monitor the situation until late summer. If the IRS has not responded, HealthFlex will modify participant contribution amounts to avoid excess contributions. (The HealthFlex plan document does not permit contributions in excess of the limit.) Since most participants elect to have their contributions made in equal amounts throughout the year, adjustments can generally be delayed until late in the year.
Click here to View De-Mystifying Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Please Read – HSA Adoption Agreement – Terms – Conditions
Wespath has implemented an enhancement to the single sign on (SSO) from WebMD to Blue Cross Blue Shield today. It now uses a more modern technology, which should bolster security (not that it was lacking before). Because the SSO will point to a new “website” (that looks the same as the old one), participants will need to re-register and accept new terms and conditions. Information needed to register includes: Name, Birthdate, and Identification number (not including “GBH”) and the Group Number from their medical ID card.
DENTAL AND VISION WELLNESS
Dental and Vision insurance promote preventive care and contribute to overall health and wellness. These benefits help pay for services typically not covered by private medical plans, filling the coverage gap to maintain oral and eye health. Outlined below you will find a
CIGNA DHMO Dentist Selection Process for Participants
Participants who have selected the new DHMO dental plan for 2020 will have to select a primary care dentist from Cigna.com. Participants who do not make a selection will be assigned a dentist in their area, but will be free to change their dentist election at a later date if desired. Participants must notify Cigna of the dentist they choose by calling Cigna at 1- 800-244-6224.
How to Increase Your Dental Plan Maximum
Under the dental plan offered through HealthFlex, individuals have the opportunity to increase their plan maximum benefit on a calendar-year basis merely by doing their annual routine exam for oral health care and getting their preventive dental services. Individuals who receive their preventive services will have their plan maximum increased by $150 for each calendar year they complete their preventive services (up to $450 maximum above the standard benefit).
Why Is This Important?
Encouraging preventive care contributes to your overall good health, along with potentially leading to fewer treatment claims and lower costs over time. Preventive dental care can also help diagnose the onset of some medical conditions and potentially avoid complications for other diseases.
Wellness Incentive Plan
Your plan is designed to encourage yearly visits to your dentist for preventive care. If a covered person obtains Class 1 Services (preventive) in a calendar year, the annual maximum benefit progresses to the next level ($150 higher) in the following calendar year. The increase applies to both in-network and out-of-network annual maximums. The maximum can be increased in three consecutive years for a total of $450 above your standard dental benefit. Refer to the Cigna Benefit Summary for provisions regarding your dental plan or log into mycigna.com to view your plan details and current maximum benefit.
You may also visit your Healthflex WebMD for more information, or review your elected Dental Benefit Summary.
How to Use My Vision Eye Care Discount Benefits:
Using your VSP benefit is easy:
- Find the right eye care provider for you and your family. You can choose to see a VSP doctor or any other provider within the network.
- Review your benefits information through your HealthFlex WebMD or your review your elected Vision Benefit Summary
- At your appointment, tell them you have VSP. There’s no ID card required. A vision card is available to print through your HealthFlex WebMD or download from the mobile site.
That’s it! We’ll handle the rest—there are no claim forms to complete when you see a VSP doctor. If you choose to go out-of-network and see a provider other than a VSP doctor, you typically have 12 months to submit a claim to VSP for out-of-network reimbursement. Login to your HealthFlex WebMD to see what the plan offers in coverage for other providers (out-of-network) and for details on how to submit a claim.
Have Questions? Call VSP Member Services at 800.877.7195 to speak with a Member Services Representative.
The relationship between Indiana University Health and United Methodist of Indiana began 1899 when young people of the International Epworth League provided $4750 to establish Methodist Hospital. One of the ways that partnership continues over 100 years later is the courtesy discount IU Health extends to all active clergy insured through the Indiana Conference of United Methodist insurance plans under Healthflex. Nearly 600 pastors and conference staff benefit from this relationship. All IU Health hospitals ( and IU Health BILLED entities) participate in this discount.
Click Here for more details – 2019 Letter to UMC Ministers
Basic Life Insurance is a paid benefit for persons participating in the HealthFlex Health Plans. This amount is a flat $20,000 in which is provided solely by Indiana Conference. There is also Supplemental Life Insurance which allows you to choose Life Insurance coverage in addition to your group basic life coverage at low group rates. This coverage is paid through convenient deductions from your compensation. You may elect to purchase life insurance for your spouse covered on the health plan in increments of amounts of $5,000 up to $25,000 of coverage at an amount based on the primary participant’s age. For dependent children, you may elect a flat $10,000 of supplemental life insurance.
You may view the cost of the supplemental life coverage through the rate chart provided below of the Lincoln Life Benefit Summary.
Find additional details about Lincoln Life Increments – At-A-Glance