ZIONSVILLE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH (ZUMC)
DIRECTOR OF WORSHIP TECHNOLOGY
Reports to: Director of Operations
Status: Part Time (20 hours/week)
Date posted: February 2024
Zionsville United Methodist Church is seeking qualified applicants for the part-time position, Director of Technology. This role will manage and provide leadership for the technical team, collaborating with pastors and musicians in the design and production of all worship services.
Interested applicants submit a resume’/CV and links that demonstrate your technical leadership.
Manage all aspects of worship technology and function as the primary audio engineer for Sunday services. This includes creating weekly sermon audio CDs and online sermon video productions each week and upload to ZUMC website.
· Responsible for audio engineer duties and production decisions; run soundboard and manage or direct other functions including slides, video, audio, lighting.
· Recruit, train, and schedule weekly booth volunteers for both services
· Create weekly sermon video file which involves editing, mixing, and maintaining electronic copies (and uploading to website/YouTube/podcast/etc.)
· Create/Edit weekly livestream files on Boxcast.
· Record & produce weekly Children’s Moment video.
· Download and format all video files used within worship services.
· Perform maintenance on worship technology including controlling expenses and directing outside vendors on major upgrade projects.
· Be available for funerals and weddings (scheduling volunteers as needed)
· Be present for all rehearsals, weekly services, and special services (Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Holy Week, etc.)
· Provide additional support for large events like Vacation Bible School & Children’s Musical
· Attend weekly staff and worship planning meetings.
Skills & Qualifications
· A minimum of 2-5 years of prior production experience in similar setting
· Equipment knowledge
o Soundboard – must be able to adjust microphone levels of speakers and
instruments during the service at the correct time.
o PowerPoint & ProPresenter – edit slides during service.
o Lighting Board – adjust lights as needed during service (Vista)
o Video Camera/Switcher – follow chancel action during services, change video/camera/slide on screens at correct times.
· Management of volunteer staff – supervise 8-10 rotating volunteer staff, train, schedule.
· Troubleshoot technical issues quickly to ensure smooth worship services.
· Strong team player – understand the service schedule and others’ roles to deliver an excellent worship experience.
· Must consent and pass background checks.
Physical and Environmental Factors
· Must be comfortable sitting for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to attentively watch and listen for cues during service and be aware of when equipment adjustments are needed.
· This position is exposed to extended periods of loud sounds in the sanctuary.
· This position requires repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movements.
To apply for this job please visit www.zumc.org.