Website Zionsville United Methodist Church
Zionsville United Methodist Church, located in Zionsville, IN, a suburb on the northeastern edge of Greater Indianapolis, is actively seeking applicants for a new position, Director of Young Adult Ministries, with a projected start date of July 1, 2022:
The Director of Young Adult Ministries serves to connect young adults to the life and ministries of Zionsville United Methodist Church. The director shall model a Christ filled life. They will develop opportunities for young adults that facilitate spiritual exploration and formation, fellowship, discipleship, and service. This position engages and collaborates with multiple ministries within the church and with leaders in the wider community.
Major Responsibilities and Activities
1. Create a clear and specific process for helping Young Adults take their next step on the spiritual pathway.
2. Execution and development of midweek environment, as both a front door to the church, as well as a pathway to age/stage connections for young adults in the context of a larger church.
3. Collaborate with small group ministry to best connect small groups involving young adults to the greater church; Create space for young adult leaders of small groups to connect, be equipped, and celebrated.
4. Oversee development of young adult leadership teams that are executing and owning ministry execution and outcomes. Spend time with people – envision, inspire, encourage, develop, and deploy.
5. Oversee discipleship process of young adults, working with other ministries in creating a discipleship culture among the young adults and producing disciple makers.
6. Regularly collaborate with all ministries to educate in engaging young adults and maximize opportunities to connect young adults into involvement and leadership throughout our church.
7. Provide regular outreach, care, and support to college students, engaging and involving them in continued spiritual development and reinforcing connection to ZUMC’s congregation.
8. Develop systems to ensure young adults are regularly serving in ZUMC.
9. Available to be relationally connected to and reaching young adults during evenings, weekends, and holidays.
10. Plan and execute outreach events in our community which increase the number of young adults at ZUMC
11. Attend weekly ZUMC staff meetings
12. Manage Day to Day Business of the Young Adult Ministry: budget, internal and external communications, supplies, building relationships, etc.
13. Other duties as assigned.
· It is a bona fide occupational qualification that the individual selected for this role be a committed Christian. A statement of faith is requested as part of the application packet.
· Experience in campus ministry, student affairs administration, spiritual formation, Christian education, or Christian counseling would be helpful in this role.
· An innovator with the ability to encourage, inspire, guide and support young adults through programming, fellowship, service projects, and study.
· Strong biblical background: willingness to share faith and discuss with others.
· Experience managing a team of volunteers in multiple areas; ensuring they are prepared and equipped with the resources needed to interact with young adults.
· Compassionate nature in responding to young adults; pleasant interpersonal skills; create a welcoming environment for young adults, volunteers, and others.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; timely communications through email, text, etc.
· Strong organizational and event planning skills.
· Ability to problem solve and communicate in the moment.
· Technically savvy with MS Office, calendar apps, and relevant software.
· Must consent and pass background checks, have valid driver’s license, submit to Indiana fingerprint database check.
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter, including statement of faith, to Rev. Ashlea Barnett (firstname.lastname@example.org), Pastor of Family Life; Zionsville United Methodist Church. Applications will be accepted until a successful candidate is identified.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com