Website Trinity United Methodist Church
The Director of Music and Worship Arts is responsible for weekly worship music and for the ongoing development, implementation, and growth of periodic expressions of drama, dance, visual and other artistic expressions of worship. This is a part-time position (approximately 8-10 hours per week) with compensation commensurate with experience. E-mail resumes to Senior Pastor Tracey Leslie.
- Selects worship music consistent with the message and culture of Trinity UMC and in consideration of the Christian year.
- Choose seasonally appropriate hymns, choral music, and liturgical music for traditional worship, including a wide variety of music resources.
- Direct the adult choir or appropriate ensemble by selecting music, leading rehearsals, and fostering musical excellence.
- Schedule, prepare, and rehearse instrumental & vocal soloist/ensembles as needed for Sunday worship or special services.
- Coordinate with other musicians when accompaniment is needed.
- Select appropriate praise chorus for the start of morning worship and make music available to the organist.
- Work with the Senior Pastor in planning meaningful selections for worship.
- Recruit, audition, and select talent for worship, special events, and church programs.
- Coordinate displays of visual arts in the GREAT Room (a congregational gathering space), on altar, and lawn.
- Coordinate or plan events with local musicians and artists to increase Trinity’s artistic engagement with the community.
- Coordinate use of Trinity’s space for local artists to perform or display their work when the art and music styles are appropriate.
- Plan & administer music and worship budget.
- Maintain music library and schedule appropriate tuning and maintenance of musical instruments.
- Handbook policies apply to this position as appropriate, including email response time relating to official church business.
- Degree in music or fine arts required
- Demonstrated success in conducting ensembles
- Demonstrated success in planning musical and artistic events that connect with the community
- Familiarity with the rhythm of the Christian year and working with clergy to coordinate with sermon series or seasonal themes
- Ability to network and recruit local talent
- Piano skills adequate for rehearsal required
- Commensurate with experience
ABOUT TRINITY UMC
- Mission Statement: To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Vision Statement: Growing in love and service through relationships with God and community.
- Trinity is a Welcoming Congregation. Our welcome knows no boundaries of age, race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, economic condition, physical or mental ability. We believe that everyone is of sacred worth and not one person is greater than another. We cooperate in ministry with other local churches and groups of God’s people as we participate in the worldwide mission of Christ. Trinity is a member of the Reconciling Ministries Network working for full participation of all people in the United Methodist Church.
For a downloadable job description, check out our webpage.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org