Website Trinity United Methodist Church
Growing in love and service
Trinity United Methodist Church (www.trinitylafayette.org) in Lafayette, Indiana is seeking to fill a part-time (averaging 15 hours/week) Outreach position (flexible schedule). This position will encompass three areas:
Direct personal engagement in the community
Trinity is a downtown congregation seeking to make greater inroads in the downtown community; a community currently experiencing significant residential growth. We are an historic church structure and are located within a block of Tippecanoe Arts Federation and several local art studios. We are a reconciling congregation with significant socio-economic diversity. Our vision is “growing in love and service through relationships with God and community.” Our theological beliefs can be found at: http://www.trinitylafayette.org/beliefs.html At Trinity, story/narrative is the model we utilize for evangelism, discipleship, and relationship building. Applicants must feel comfortable working within this story model, as well as supporting and promoting the theological beliefs of Trinity.
Primary duties associated with this position include:
- Establishing/developing relationships with downtown residents, businesses, and other organizations in the neighborhood through direct engagement, individual and group gatherings
- Having a familiarity with Trinity’s ministries (particularly Fusion http://www.trinitylafayette.org/fusion.html) that are most conducive to community engagement
- Connecting community contacts with current church folks at various ministry events, including worship
- Maintain a working contact list for individuals, organizations, and businesses, including media contacts
- Implement a communications strategy (including website, social media, print material, and other media forms) that is outward focused and effective in helping us capture the attention of those not currently engaged in our congregation.
- Connecting with local artists to integrate artwork into worship and to design and direct special events featuring art exhibits both indoors and on our lawn
- Attendance at bi-monthly staff meetings
- Of highest importance will be a candidate who is excited to connect personally with individuals and organizations and, in doing so, demonstrates authenticity, good listening skills, and compassion
- Education or experience in public relations, communications or community outreach
- A strong faith and a willingness to share one’s relationship with Jesus and beliefs about the church in ways that are sincere and respectful; in ways that promote honest, open dialogue
- Skills in social media and online communication strategies, including working with local media to promote events
- Skills adequate to create effective promotional designs (experience with Publisher and Canva)
- Strengths in written and verbal communication
- An adequate understanding of, and connections to, the art community so as to promote the arts and highlight Trinity as a congregation that appreciates the arts and artists
This position includes reimbursement for approved expenses related to outreach. It also offers the opportunity to work creatively and collaboratively with a strong ministry staff.
Interested applicants should contact Senior Pastor, Tracey Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position opens July 1, 2022
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com