Growing in love & service thru relationships with God & communit
Trinity United Methodist Church (www.trinitylafayette.org) in Lafayette, Indiana is seeking to fill a part-time (averaging 5-10 hours/week) Communications position (flexible schedule).
Trinity is a downtown congregation seeking to make greater inroads in a downtown community experiencing significant residential growth. We are an historic church structure. We are a reconciling congregation with significant socio-economic diversity. Our vision is “growing in love and service through relationships with God and community.” Our theological beliefs can be found at: http://www.trinitylafayette.org/beliefs.html Applicants must feel comfortable supporting and promoting the theological beliefs of Trinity.
Primary duties associated with this position include:
· Implement a communications strategy based on communications assessment recommendations (including website, social media, print material, and other media forms) that is outward focused and effective in helping us capture the attention of those not currently engaged in our congregation.
· Attendance at monthly staff meetings
· Developing a familiarity with Trinity’s ministries that are outward focused (particularly Fusion http://www.trinitylafayette.org/fusion.html) and most conducive to community engagement; as well as providing follow-up or additional information for those expressing an interest in or questions about the church as appropriate
· Maintain a working contact list for individuals, organizations, and businesses, including media contacts
· Edit and maintain a repository of images, tools, press releases, and designs
· Assist Trinity employees and team leaders in communication strategies for various outreach programs and events
· Those with education or experience in communications and public relations
· Skills in social media and online communication strategies, including working with local media to promote events
· Skills adequate to create effective promotional designs (experience with Publisher and Canva)
· Strengths in written and verbal communication
Interested applicants should contact Senior Pastor, Tracey Leslie at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org