Website The Rescue Mission
Changing lives for good.
Our Mission Statement:
“To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
“To transform lives through the love of Jesus Christ.”
The Staff Accountant is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This includes administering accounts payable and payroll functions and assisting with annual auditing process.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Process daily/weekly Accounts Payable invoices, thrift store cash receipts, prepare vendor checks and record all bank deposits made by Mission personnel.
• Serve as a backup for Office Manager’s Bi-weekly processing of payroll for all employees using ADP vendor system and recommend/maintain appropriate allocation methods for expenses across operating divisions.
• Perform an ongoing review of expenses and investigate unusual items, ensure timely payment of sales taxes and sales tax return and conduct the annual filing of IRS Form 1099.
• Maintain computer master files for vendors and ADP files for employees.
• Attend quarterly All Staff meetings.
• Job performance should demonstrate The Rescue Mission’s Core Values; Organizational Integrity, Organizational Unity and Organizational Effectiveness.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education Training and Experience:
• Two-year accounting degree required; four-year degree preferred.
• Minimum two years of accounting/financial work experience required.
• Nonprofit experience preferred.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Basic computer skills with knowledge of the internet and email.
• Proficient with keyboard and calculator.
• MIP Fund accounting software experience preferred.
• ADP Workforce Now experience requested, not required.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with regard to finance and personnel information.
• Ability to work with individuals of various socio-economic, ethnic, and racial populations.
• Ability to comply with personal and business requirements and expectations as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit fwrm.org.