Love God, Love Others, Offer Christ
PORTAGE FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH SEEKS YOUTH DIRECTOR
Portage First United Methodist Church represents a diverse and inclusive congregation committed to serving our community in the name of Jesus Christ.
The director of youth ministry will be responsible for the education, safety, and spiritual formation of the young people within our local congregation. The director of youth ministry will coordinate with the pastor to create a comprehensive discipleship program for our youth that will be part of an entire system of discipleship. We at PFUMC believe that discipleship begins the moment a visitor comes to the church the first time and continues throughout their entire lives. Youth ministry is an essential part of that lifelong spiritual journey.
- As the director of youth ministry your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating youth activities for the purpose of fellowship and evangelism.
- Coordinating youth activities for the purpose of discipleship and spiritual formation.
- Coordinating leadership development among our youth.
- Coordinating mission and service projects of our youth.
- Fundraising and coordinating church camp for our youth.
- The recruitment and support of adult volunteers.
- Insuring that adult volunteers and helpers have been acquainted with our safe
sanctuary policy and have undergone a background check.
- To coordinate with the pastor to provide spiritual formation opportunities for all ages.
Portage, First United Methodist Church
2637 McCool Rd
Portage, IN 46368
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org