Website St. Luke's United Methodist Church
At St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, we are an open community of Christians helping people find and give hope through Jesus Christ. We are committed to our community on the northside of Indianapolis and have seen our reach grow regionally and beyond through our digital presence. With a membership of over 6,000 we are the largest United Methodist Church (UMC) in Indiana and one of the largest in the U.S.
People are attracted to St. Luke’s for our values: Our commitment to live the mission of the UMC, “To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world” and living the Christian faith in a way that is open to everyone – regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, or socioeconomic background. As a church we are working to ensure that our congregation and its leadership represent the diversity of the community in which we are located. We are dedicated to including women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ as staff and in positions of leadership and decision making.
VISION FOR St. Luke’s Kids Ministry
- We are a child’s first experience with God’s Family
- Every child connects to others and to adults who love the Lord
- Every child grows in their understanding of God’s love for them, others, and the world
- Every child knows they are created with a purpose and can change the world
The Midtown Kids Ministry Coordinator will be the first point of contact for all families with children (birth-4th grade) at the St. Luke’s Midtown Campus. They will build, empower and oversee the Kids Ministry volunteer team that make Kids Ministry programming happen on Sunday mornings and throughout the week, ensuring that every family that comes to St. Luke’s Midtown feels welcome and known. This role is a critical part of the St. Luke’s Kids staff team and is key in keeping programming aligned and implementing strategy for reaching and discipling families across campuses. This position includes Sundays (weekly) and will regularly include some evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Develop and grow volunteer teams for Kids Ministry, empowering these volunteers to carry out programming on Sundays and throughout the week. Onboarding new volunteers using the Kids Ministry process.
Be the Sunday morning point person for all families that come to the Midtown Campus, making sure every family who walks through the door feels seen and welcomed
- Follow up with new families each week to provide a next step for engagement, using the follow up process developed by the Kids Team
Build relationships with families throughout the week, finding creative ways to connect and communicate between Sunday mornings (e.g being present during community activities like Ashley’s Music Circle, leading Story Hour, etc)
- In collaboration with the Midtown Events team and the Kids Ministry team, plan and execute events to engage/reach families in the Midtown community (ex. A fall event, an Easter event, etc)
Attend weekly Kids Ministry Team meetings
- Maintain alignment in ministry strategy for Kids Ministry at the Midtown location
- Be a critical piece of the Midtown Campus team, with regular meetings with the Midtown Campus pastor, communicating strategy and giving necessary updates and processing ideas with the Campus Pastor
- Hold a leadership role in Kids events that include all campuses (ex. VBS)
- Coordinate childcare for Midtown campus events as needed
- Demonstrate passion about the Christian faith, actively seek to grow in personal relationship with God, and be committed to the mission and purpose of St. Luke’s.
- Exhibit an open, welcoming, joyful, and amiable demeanor toward children, students, and adults, being professional in attitude and communication.
- Demonstrate a willingness and eagerness to personally grow and learn
- Deep desire to see volunteers grow in leadership and willingness to give leadership to volunteers
- Must have excellent communications and organizational skills, demonstrated both internally between various ministries and externally to families at St. Luke’s Midtown
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and high level of possibility-thinking
- Possess Strong desire to connect with families, both on Sunday mornings and throughout the week. Gifted at helping people feel known and like they belong
- Thrive working in a team environment, with the ability to connect quickly and effectively to multiple teams
Possess the ability to discern when to replicate established programming and when to innovate strategies to connect with a newly forming church campus
- Must pass background, drug test, and reference checks
- Willing to earn and maintain Pediatric CPR and First Aid certification
- College degree preferred
To apply for this job please visit stlukesumc.com.