Website Springfield First UMC
A United Methodist Faith Community
Director of Family Ministry (Springfield First UMC, Springfield, IL)
For us, family ministry is all about helping kids and families along the journey of making disciples of Jesus Christ for true life change in the world. At Springfield First we focus on loving God, building community, and unleashing compassion. We are looking for an experienced leader to develop and coordinate our family ministry team, oversee all staff for infants through high school, and to be a main contact in our KidLife area. If you like to grow as a person, want to join a great team, love to have fun, and have a passion for sharing the word of God with kids, students, and families, we want to hear from you.
- A tested love for God, a humble spirit, and a commitment to prayer as a deeply devoted disciple of Jesus.
- Deep affinity with the mission, vision, and core values of Springfield First United Methodist Church.
- Heart for ministry demonstrated by a proven ability to work with a wide range of people in a church ministry setting.
- Ability to work well in team-driven group atmosphere.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A minimum of 4 years serving in student or children’s ministry on a church staff.
- A minimum of 2 years supervising at least 2 employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in ministry area or related field to management.
(A master’s degree is preferred but not required.)
- Someone who is a strong leader, servant, team player, collaborator, communicator, entrepreneur, mentor and encourager.
- Believes in and supports the Springfield First mission, vision, and the concept of family ministry, while supporting the leadership of the congregation.
- Cast vision for the Family Ministry team and create a very high amount of ministry alignment between KidLife and StudentLife.
- Coordinate calendars, curriculum, events and parent activities for infants through high school.
- Equip coach, encourage, and guide parents as they disciple to their children.
- Manage staff in KidLife and StudentLife ministries.
- Align volunteers and parents.
- Oversee parent education and family experiences.
- Mentor, coach, and develop Family Ministry staff as they lead, recruit, train and deploy volunteers for each ministry.
- Provide continuity for a clearly articulated discipleship pathway for children and students, assisting other staff with choosing appropriate curriculum.
- Create Christ-centered community, parent education and the equipping of missional living.
- For children 0-3rd grade, ensure that there would be at least one mission project a year.
- For children in 4th and 5th grade, ensure there would be at least one mission project a year and one ‘fun’ event outside of Sunday mornings.
- Help the staff team to provide parents at least three times a year with the opportunity to share and learn through bible studies, short classes, seminars or a one-time topic discussion.
- Ensure KidLife would have at least three parent/child joint events or milestones celebrated annually (such as kindergarten graduation and Youth Group Initiation).
- Oversee KidLife and manage events, curriculum and volunteers.
- Communicate regularly with KidLife parents and guardians.
- Is a strong leader, servant, team player, collaborator, communicator, entrepreneur, mentor and encourager.
- Believes in and supports the Springfield First mission, vision and senior leader.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered for this director-level position.
If this connects with your heart and what Christ is doing in you, please send your resume to our Executive Director, Lana Salomonson at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org