Website Saint Andrew United Methodist Church
ST. ANDREW UNITED METHODIST CHURCH YOUTH MINISTRY LEADER
Youth Ministry Leader
Hourly Wages or Salary:
Hours worked per week:
Saint Andrew United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Youth Ministry Leader to lead Middle and High School student ministry.
Our church is located in a thriving community in northwest Indiana and is an inclusive and diverse congregation that average around 400 attendees on Sunday.
We are seeking someone with a growing relationship with Christ and gifted in Student Ministry.
This position will be a part of the Family Ministry Team and will report to the Director of Family Ministries as well as work collaboratively with the Family Ministry Coordinator.
The Youth Ministries Leader must be a person on integrity and must possess the skills and passion to provide encouragement, vision and spiritual leadership to the volunteer leaders, youth, and church members.
This role requires discretion to build trust with the youth, honor privacy, and discern nuanced situations.
- A gift for understanding, relating to and influencing youth with prior experience in youth ministry
Creativity and flexibility, willing to work evening and offsite hours as required for special events/programming
- A dependable team player with a willingness to accept personal responsibility.
Good collaborative interpersonal and timely communication skills for interacting with youth, parents, volunteers, and fellow staff.
- Proficiency with technology and excellent communication
- Team building skills with organizational and planning proficiency.
- Supportive of the mission and vision of St. Andrew Church;
St. Andrew is an open community growing in the ways of Jesus, sent out daily to share the healing love of God.
- Acceptance of a broad range of Christian understandings of faith
Inclusive and Accepting of LGBTQ youth and families
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, coordinate and provide support to ongoing youth ministries
Collaborate with Family ministry team to create new and meaningful ways to minister to students and families
- Seek to interact with and get to know each youth and family at St. Andrew, providing a strategy for following up with visitors and inactive youth.
- Implement ministries that involve youth in hands-on service and missions and beyond the church to help them develop a heart for serving others.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with other staff to create programs that focus on spiritual formation and building a community of belonging
- Plan, develop and implement engaging weekly programs that attract and build community for middle and high school aged youth.
- Deliver guidance and oversight to the Youth Ministry volunteers.
- Assist with maintenance of ministry spaces, Sunday school rooms, supply closet ect.
- Communicate with volunteers through multiple channels (via email, phone, face to face conversation, texting ect.) to ensure that youth ministry goals are met
- Attend weekly staff meetings and other meetings as needed to fulfill the mission of St. Andrew UMC
- Must abide by guidelines of St. Andrew child protection policies and support the Director of Family Ministries in administering the child protection policy.
To apply, please send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com