Website Monticello United Methodist Church
DIRECTOR OF CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP & COMMUNICATION – FULL-TIME
The Director of Contemporary Worship and Communications will oversee the supporting elements of the contemporary worship service and develop effective written and visual communication for the life of the Monticello United Methodist Church (MUMC).
As a member of the church staff ministry team. He/she will need to be a team player, maintain appropriate confidentiality and supportive of the ministries of the church.
This is a full time/salaried position, working a minimum of 40 hours per week. This position reports to the Senior Pastor.
The Monticello United Methodist Church is located at 200 S. Main St, Monticello, IN, 47960. Office space is provided for this position within the church. Additional information about MUMC is available on the church website: MonticelloUMChurch.org
- Knowledge of music and contemporary worship
- Effective communication
- Organization and event coordination
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Contemporary Worship (the Current)
- Leads the Current service, as a producer and/or a musician/singer on stage
- Chooses songs and is involved in creative development of worship services
- Schedules and rehearses the band for contemporary service
- Coordinates, schedules, and trains the entire worship arts team for Sunday mornings
- Plans creative elements in the service like spoken word, dramas, painting, dance or video.
- Edits special videos
Communication: Oversees effective communication, including:
- MUMC social media accounts
- Contemporary Bulletin, Connection Cards, Memory Verse Cards
- Other promotional media
- Layout and design of monthly church newsletter
- Leads worship at off site for special events
- Runs sound for church-related special events
- Manages repairs of broken equipment and equipment that needs replacing for Current service
- Coordinates with IT team to facilitate technology needs
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- The successful candidate for this position will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include a health care stipend, vacation days, sick days and professional expenses.
Send your resumé to Monticello United Methodist Church, P.O. Box 87, Monticello IN 47960 to the attention of Pastor Brian Beeks or email bbeeks@MonticelloUMChurch.org. Start date negotiable, but could start as early as November 1, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to bbeeks@MonticelloUMChurch.org