Title: Conference Assistant, assigned to Church Development Team
FLSA Classification: Hourly
ACA Classification: Regular Part-Time (2 days office, 1 day remote)
SUPERVISOR: Associate Director of Administrative Services
To provide administrative support for the Church Development Team of the Indiana Conference under the direction of the Associate Director of Administrative Services, in addition to other duties as assigned.
· Coordinate Church Development events as requested – set dates when needed, seek appropriate venue, send invitations/meeting notices, track registration, make hotel reservations, liaison with presenters, select menus and order food, oversee facility setup, liaison with onsite staff, prepare handouts, order supplies, run onsite registration as needed, collect evaluations
· Manage documents in Notion for Church Development Committee and staff
· Pay invoices for facilities, presenters, consultants
· Prepare coaching invoices to churches
· Attend meetings and take minutes for Church Development Team and Committee
· Field phone calls for Church Development projects/events
· Answer and direct phone calls for main receptionist when needed
· Well-versed in technology
· Fresh Expressions
· Moving the Mission Forward Cohorts
· CD Coaching and Workshops
· Breakthrough Prayer
· Grant Reports
· Mission Field Reps
Supervisory Responsibilities (if any)
· Assist at Annual Conference Session or other off-site events as requested by supervisor.
· Assist Administrative team members with tasks as requested by supervisor.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Supportive of the mission and ministry of the United Methodist Church
2. Commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Indiana Conference
4. Time management skills
5. Team player
7. Commitment to confidentiality
8. Communication proficiency, both oral and written
9. Computer savvy
10. Excellent typing and proofreading skills
11. Experience with database management, spreadsheets, event registration, word processing, financial reports
Educational and Experience Preferences
1. Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of a four-year degree from an accredited learning institution is preferred
2. A minimum of 2 years performing duties of a like-nature to the position described herein, or in a position wherein the skills and experience are deemed transferrable and relative
Work Environment and Travel Demands
This position’s function and duties are performed in a professional office environment. The role requires the use of common office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing (both physical and electronic) and fax machines. The position requires attendance in the Indiana Conference Center as determined by supervisor.
While performing the duties of this position, travel may be required for off-site events.
Interested parties should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.