Website Grace United Methodist Church
Sunday Nursery Worker
Grace United Methodist Church
Status and Hours
Part-time—up to 3.5 hours per week.
Nursery Workers will provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to children ages 0-4 during our Grace UMC’s Sunday worship and discipleship hours.
In collaboration with the Pastoral Staff and Education Ministry Team at Grace, Nursery Workers will use our available facilities to help make Grace UMC a community of love and belonging for families with young children.
Major Areas of Responsibility
· Nursery Workers will staff our Nursery space between 8:45 and 12:15 on Sunday mornings, offering age-appropriate care to young children while families worship and participate in small groups.
· Each Sunday Nursery shift will be shared by two (2) Nursery workers.
· Nursery Workers will maintain a clean and organized environment in the Nursery, offering careful consideration to the Grace Education Ministries staff who use the room during the week.
· Nursery Workers must attend required annual trainings on Grace United Methodist Church’s Child Protection Policy guidelines.
· Arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to the start of service, prepared to get started right away.
· Ensure that the nursery area is clean before children arrive (i.e. chairs are down, materials/supplies are ready, and appropriate toys are available)
· Ensure that parents sign their children in, and that we have an information sheet on file for each child.
· Make sure any new families fill out an information sheet for their child.
· Communicate with parents any special instructions before diaper or feeding events.
· Age-appropriate care for children will include: Feeding (bottles and/or snacks); Changing diapers; Escorting to the bathroom; Maintaining a safe environment; Putting children down for naps (if necessary); Holding or sitting with children, offering cheerful interaction through games, stories, play, and prayer.
· Ensure that the nursery is clean and back in shape for Grace Day Care the next morning (better than you found it!) i.e. chairs are on tables, all surfaces are cleaned.
· Thank parents for bringing their child to our nursery
· Communicate with the Pastoral Staff any concerns or ideas you might have to help our nursery.
· Ensure the Nursery is stocked with supplies at the end of each shift.
· Communicate with the Office Administrator if any supplies are needed.
· In the event of an emergency notify the parent via the cell phone number provided.
· Communicate in advance, by phone to the Lead Pastor: 1) Any planned absences with an advance two week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least two hours prior to the shift.
· Fill out weekly time sheets as paid staff of Grace United Methodist Church.
· Experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 to 4 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities.
· At least 18 years of age.
· Satisfactory completion of background check and drug screening.
· Must present the results of a current (within 1 year) Tuberculin and current immunizations.
· Satisfactory completion of CPR training for infants and children.
· Must adhere to Grace UMC Child Protection Policy Guidelines.
· Three references.
Reports To Lead Pastor
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com