Website Fishers United Methodist Church
Director of Worship Ministry
Fishers United Methodist Church
Reports to the (Senior or Assoc.) Pastor
Staff reporting directly to this position are the organist/accompanist, A/V tech team leader, worship volunteer coordinator (ushers, greeters, etc), and other part-time specialists in worship ministries.
This is a full-time salaried position that is considered exempt
To develop and lead the worship ministry for our church, in consultation with the pastors and other team members, in a way that is consistent with our mission.
Essential duties and responsibilities
· Maintain a strong prayer base for the music ministry.
· Participate in the life and ministry of the church.
· Select or plan music and other worship elements for all Sunday services (traditional and contemporary) and other special services (such as religious and secular holidays, VBS Sunday, Confirmation Sunday, baptisms, etc.).
· Participate in the creative planning of the Sunday and special services with the pastors and other team members in coordination with the primary Scripture which serves as the foundation for that service’s theme, sermon, and other worship elements.
· Communicate faithfully with the pastors and staff and attend weekly staff meetings.
· Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd music team leaders, musicians, and other worship leaders and volunteers. Include lay members where possible.
· Lead or develop leaders to coordinate and direct traditional choir, contemporary worship team, musical teams, ensembles, bell choir, orchestra, and other worship and music ministries, such as musicals, cantatas, dramas, children’s choirs, youth choirs, sanctuary prep (A/V, lighting, banners, set design, etc.).
· Prepare an annual budget for worship ministry for submission to finance committee.
· Use Fishers UMC facilities and worship ministries to attract new people, host events, train worship leaders, and in other ways expand our kingdom-focused worship ministries.
· Direct outreach events into the community via performances at other organizations as appropriate.
· Spiritual aspects
o Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
o Orthodox, Biblical view of Scripture, ministry, and life
o Shares the basic tenets of faith of the United Methodist Church
· Education and/or experience (must have one or more of the following)
o Bachelors degree in music or theology
o Minimum five-years of experience in a church-related setting
· Knowledge and skills
o Good people skills (sense of humor, positive attitude, love and respect for people, ability to relate and recruit, etc.)
o Strong work ethic (dependable, responsible, self-motivated, creative, etc.)
o Solid leadership skills (ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate leaders, musicians, worship specialists, and technical team members; ability to shepherd volunteer musicians in the Christian life; etc.)
o Attested musical skills and competence (ability in wide range of styles including Christian traditional hymns as well as contemporary music; ability to lead worship and to train others as individual and team worship leaders; ability to produce and direct special events, musicals and programs; etc.).
o Attested auxiliary skills is a plus (experience with technical aspects of contemporary services such as sound boards, theater lights, video editing, etc.).
· Licenses, registrations and certificates
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org