Website First United Methodist Church
First United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Director of Ministries to Children, Youth & their Families to oversee our Christian formation process. These ministries offer multiple avenues on which to build and grow, including Sunday school, youth ministry, and additional weekly gatherings for fellowship, study, worship, and mission/service.
· Oversee ministries with children, youth and their families in the congregation and community
· Recruit, train, equip, and oversee volunteer leaders of all family ministries
· Provide resources and coordinate ministries for parents, to support them, and help equip them
· Create and coordinate events and ministries that encourage intergenerational faith formation and fellowship
· Develop and resource a lay leadership team to lead both the Junior High and Senior High Youth Groups, planning events as Bible Sties, fellowship events, mission trips and worship leadership
· Organize and carry out the confirmation process for young people
· Promote, coordinate, and oversee the church’s camp ministry
· Coordination of chapel program for the preschool
A successful candidate for this position will:
· Have strong faith and love for Christ
· Have a passion for relating to children and youth
· Be a team player
· Be familiar with United Methodist theology
· Be able to attract and communicate with young people, families, and volunteers
First UMC is a strong, well-established, mission-focused church located in northeastern Indiana. We are a church that is deeply involved in our community and seeks to offer unconditional love and support to everyone.
· Full-time 40+ hours /week, including evenings and weekends as necessary)
Relevant: 1 year minimum (Preferred)
Experience in UMC faith formation process (Preferred)
· Commensurate with education, experience, and giftedness.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org