Website Florida United Methodist Camps and Retreat Ministries
The Florida United Methodist Camps and Retreat Ministries announces a search for a Warren W. Willis Camp and Conference Center Development Director. The selected candidate will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities to solicit and maintain funds for the Warren W. Willis Camp and Conference Center. Since 1948 Warren W. Willis Camp and Conference Center has provided a sacred space in a natural setting for all to grow in community and connect with Christ on the shores of Lake Griffin, in Fruitland Park.
The Development Director will give direction to and oversee the fund development activities of the camp and retreat ministries of Florida Conference. This position reports to Director of Camps and Retreat Ministries/Warren W. Willis Camp and Conference Center. This position oversees all fundraising and manages relationships with the Ministries’ and Camp and Conference Center’s financial partners. Their duties include planning fundraising events, interacting with former donors to encourage ongoing contributions, and seeking out opportunities for financial support through grants and sponsorships.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the creation and implementation of a comprehensive Board of Camps and Retreat Ministries (BCRM) Fund Development Strategy including annual giving and major gifts programs, grants and planned giving.
- Engage in research and networking activities to identify contacts and sources of support. • Prepare grant requests to private foundations, corporations, and individuals.
- Establish authentic relationships with new or existing individuals, foundations, corporations, or local businesses.
- Create and implement a donor stewardship plan.
- Work with and utilize volunteer development committee as an extension of the camp’s development efforts.
- Cultivate a culture of giving within the various communities connected with our Board of Camps and Retreat Ministries.
- Assure development and maintenance of appropriate systems to fund development; including but not limited to, volunteer and donor management, research and cultivation, gift processing and recognition.
- Maintains accountability and compliance standards for donors and funding sources.
- Actively collaborate with program staff to develop communication materials that incorporate philanthropic opportunities within the camping ministry.
- Assists with marketing and media relations activities, including graphic design and social media (if applicable).
- Maintain memberships in professional fundraising association(s) related to non-profits.
- The ability to carry a laptop (up to 20 pounds), presentation material (up to 50 pounds) and travel within the conference using his/her own transportation is necessary.
- Other special projects or duties may be assigned.
- Five years’ experience fundraising for a non-profit.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, journalism, marketing, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to secure six and seven figure grants/gifts required.
- Great communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to calculate moderately complex figures and amounts to accurately report activities and budgets.
- Ability to function in a fluid environment and respond appropriately to changing priorities.
- Translate broad goals into achievable steps.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards in all professional relationships within the Florida United Methodist Conference and outside of it.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive preferred.
- Background in camp and retreat ministry preferred.
Send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@gcfa.org to apply.
Closing Date: May 29, 2022
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@gcfa.org