Website Crestwood United Methodist Church
Crestwood United Methodist Church
YOUTH & YOUNG ADULT MINISTER
FULL TIME POSITION: 40 Hours per week
COMPENSATION–$30-40,000 PLUS housing option based on experience.
Crestwood United Methodist Church
Crestwood United Methodist Church is located in Crestwood, KY just 5-10 minutes outside of Louisville, Kentucky. We are a growing church that averages 275 in worship with vibrant ministries for children, youth, young adults and families. Youth and young adult ministry is a priority for our church and for our community. We are committed to supporting youth and young adult ministry and the staff and volunteers that support youth and young adult ministry.
The minister of Youth and Young Adults, under the supervision of the Senior Pastor, and being responsible / accountable to the Staff Parish Relations Committee, provides primary direction and leadership consistent with the vision, mission and objectives for the youth (6th-12th grade) and young adult (18-29) programs at Crestwood United Methodist Church (CUMC)
This position assumes primary responsibility at CUMC for:
· Recruiting, training and supervising volunteer laity for all youth and young adult programs and functions.
· Reviewing, selecting, and ordering curriculum materials for all youth and young adult programs.
· Advertising and promoting all youth and young adult programs through a communication plan that includes the monthly church newsletter and frequent connections with youth, young adults and parents.
· Supervising ongoing youth and young adult ministries including:
o Middle and High School Programs (Sunday School, Sunday Night and Wednesday Night Youth Group)
o Small Groups
o Regular mission/service projects throughout the year
o Social and outreach events
o Start and develop a young adult program that offers at least a Sunday morning Bible Study and weekly evening experience.
· Planning and attending seasonal weekend and weeklong activities for youth including, but not limited to:
o Fall: Overnight retreat with spiritual and recreation focus
o Winter: Winter Blitz, Ski Trip, etc)
o Spring: Spring Retreat
o Summer: Weeklong mission trip, short term trips, day trips
· Planning, teaching and facilitating yearly confirmation class with the Senior Pastor
· Being available as a support person to local schools during times of crisis.
· Meeting regularly with students in local schools during lunch and attend school functions (plays, sports games, concerts, etc)
· Supervising student ministry interns and volunteers
· Participation in Sunday morning worship and other church activities.
· Maintaining an active and involved Youth and Parent Council for support and planning of all youth programs.
· Communicating concerns and needs to either the Senior Pastor or SPRC Chairperson in a timely manner.
· Attending staff meeting and committee meetings when requested by Senior Pastor or committee chairperson.
· Successfully completing other duties as assigned.
PERESONAL AND LEADERSHIP CHARACTERISTICS DEEMED HIGHLY IMPORTANT FOR THE MINISTER OF YOUTH
· Love of God and neighbor, a generous nature, being truthful at all times, treating all people with dignity, and daily living a life that demonstrates behavior consistent with professed beliefs and spiritual practices.
· Good communication and planning skills
· Goal oriented (short and long term) with ability to articulate a clear vision for the ministry.
· Flexibility in working with others
· Enthusiastic team player and contributor
· Consisted, sound follow-through and accountability
· Versatile program approach with broad, creative view of youth ministry.
$30,000-40,000 possible housing option based on experience.
To apply email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title the email “Youth and Young Adults.”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com