Website Indiana Conference of the United Methodist Church
Position: Conference Assistant assigned to Diversity, Missions, and Justice Ministries (Full-Time)
To provide administrative support for the Diversity, Missions, and Justice Ministries Team and sub-teams of the Indiana Conference under the direction of the Associate Director of Administrative Services, in addition to other duties as assigned.
- Assist the Associate Director of Diversity, Missions and Justice Ministries, and the Missions Coordinator with administrative duties, as requested
- Support Diversity, Missions, and Justice Ministries Team meetings as requested – maintain meeting calendar, send invitations/meeting notices, select menus/order food, prepare handouts, manage documents online, mailings, copying, binding, scanning, follow-up with tasks as directed during meetings
- Communicate effectively via email, letters, social media on behalf of Associate Director of Diversity, Missions and Justice.
- Provide support to and attend/participate in meetings related to: Diversity, Missions and Justice and its sub-teams
- Pay invoices for Diversity, Missions and Justice Ministries, as requested
- Update website content for Diversity, Mission, and Justice Ministries
- Update social media content for Diversity, Mission and Justice Ministries
Supervisory Responsibilities (if any)
- Assist at Annual Conference Session or other off-site events as requested by supervisor
- Assist Administrative team members with tasks as requested by supervisor
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Supportive of the mission and ministry of the United Methodist Church
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Indiana Annual Conference
- Commitment to Diversity, Missions and Justice values of inclusion, diversity, equity and antiracism.
- Time management skills
- Team player
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Communication proficiency, both oral and written
- Computer savvy
- Excellent typing and proofreading skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google support products, database management, spreadsheets, event registration, word processing, financial reports
- Experience with or able to quickly learn how to use Calendly, Basecamp, Action Network
Educational and Experience Preferences
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of a four-year degree from an accredited learning institution is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years performing duties of a like-nature to the position described herein, or in a position wherein the skills and experience are deemed transferrable and relative
Work Environment and Travel Demands
This position’s function and duties are performed in a professional office environment. The role requires the use of common office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing (both physical and electronic) and fax machines. The position requires attendance in the Indiana Conference Center in a hybrid-model, at least two days per week.
While performing the duties of this position, travel may be required for off-site events.
Occasional weekend work may be required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org