Website Christ UMC Westfield
The Modern Worship Leader will be a leader of leaders, confident musician and vocalist, collaborative, team-based, people-empowering person that will cast vision and oversee the worship arts ministry. The successful candidate will have a vital and personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to living and modeling a Godly lifestyle inside and outside of the church. This person must have the giftedness, passion, and skill for ministry with music, sound, and production. This person will work directly with the Senior Pastor, who provides overall worship program direction. Must be a humble, coachable, multi-tasking team player and self-starter who has high energy, initiative and leadership qualities as well as a spirit of creativeness, positive attitude, and creating environments that help people encounter God, willingness to learn new things, and believe in possibilities!
The Modern Worship Leader will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor while also reporting accountability to the Staff Parish Relations committee of Christ United Methodist Church. As such, must be committed to the church and lead according to the values and vision of the church.
- Responsible for the planning, preparation, coordination, and leading worship for weekly dynamic Sunday worship services, as well as all special worship services such as but not limited to: Christmas Eve, Easter Sunrise service, Ash Wednesday, Healing Services, Funerals, etc.
- Ability to lead the congregation with strong vocals and singing with an instrument/s (i.e. piano, guitar), and verbally (including greetings, prayers, transitions, etc.) to help people praise and connect with God through worship
- Develop relationships with the congregation, foster a cooperative culture, and be able to encourage musical giftings in others, recruit, enlist, train, build up, and supervise other volunteers for a team for the church’s music ministry (including band, vocal, media, audio, visual, tech, drama, and any other expression of art form) with the goal of expanding the depth and ability of the worship team
- Plan and lead weekly musical rehearsals with a team and schedule and coordinate team members each week for worship
- Prepare oneself and the modern worship team for theologically sound, creative, spiritually fulfilling worship in a contemporary and modern setting with the goal of engaging the congregation in singing and hearing God’s word through music, art, media
- Prepare and give worship songs and other basic elements of the service to the Audio/Visual Tech team in a timely manner. (Including providing the CCLI# [Christian Copyright Licensing International] of each song and the order of worship
- Provide chord charts for self and team when applicable (CCLI is provided by the church), and keep up with CCLI reporting when needed
- Oversees musical equipment needs (i.e. when piano needs tuned, etc.), and overseeing in the set-up and tear-down of sound equipment before and after rehearsals and Sunday morning service as needed
- Prepare an annual budget for worship needs, recognizing the overall needs of the church
- Ability to relate and work well with others and be flexible
- Must be spiritually growing in Christlikeness
- Be willing to pursue opportunities to use music and worship as a vehicle beyond our church walls to reach new people for Jesus Christ
- Possess knowledge in the use of Audio Visual and Technical worship aspects, and stage lighting techniques to enhance the worship experience and be able to train others to also effectively use these modalities
- Understand and support Methodist doctrine
- Prefer 1-2 years of leadership experience
20 hours per week
Availability is Sunday mornings, during the week at the church including weekly staff meetings, and at least 1 evening during the week for rehearsals
-Pay commensurate with experience (paid once a month)
-5 days of non-paid vacation a year (vacation schedule must be approved by the Pastor and arranging coverage of a qualified alternative leader for worship needs to be planned in advance when away)
-No insurance available
-Time sheets to be completed and given to the Pastor/Treasurer
E-mail a resume, letter of interest, and video of you leading worship to Pastor Kara at email@example.com describing qualifications in conjunction with the job description.
A background check will also be required before employment begins.
Christ United Methodist Church is located in downtown Westfield, IN
318 North Union Street, Westfield IN 46074
To apply for this job please visit christwestfield.org.