Website Christ Indianapolis United Methodist Church
Christ Indianapolis United Methodist Church
8540 US 31 South, Indianapolis, IN 46227
I am the Chairperson of the Staff Parish Relations Committee, which is responsible for Staff Hiring within the church. We are looking for a motivated person, with good communication skills to fill our Communications Coordinator position. Please review the information below and contact me if you are interested.
A part time professional position for a person gifted and equipped to produce and manage the publications (print and online media) of Christ Indianapolis United Methodist Church. This person should evidence skills in work processing desktop publishing, and online media publication. This person should have attention to accuracy and detail, and work Well with volunteer leaders and committees. (I Corinthians 12:7, I Peter 4:10), (Romans 10:13-15- For, everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. But how are they to call on one in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in one of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone to proclaim him? And how are they to proclaim him unless they are sent? As it is written, how beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news?)
Senior Pastor – for day-to-day supervision and direction.
Church Staff- as a resource for producing needed publications
Pastor-Parish Committee – for job definition, employee policies, and bi-annual review.
Weekly and Monthly Publications
- Secure required information and produce appropriate documents (print and online media), mindful of cost controls and labor limitations.
- Weekly Bulletins: Sanctuary, Large Print, THIRST, EKKLESIA and Special Service (Maundy Thursday, Ash Wednesday, Christmas Eve, Funerals, etc.)
- Produce the Monthly Newsletter, prepare for mailing, and bulk mailing
Ensure documents that are as error free as possible
- Produce documents (print and online media) that are visually attractive and excellent communication tools.
Working with Pastors, develop formats that are appropriate to the leadership and congregational needs.
- Working with Pastors, the Music Director, and all other musicians, produce PowerPoint slides for worship services.
- Produce excellent live stream and recorded worship presentations, as well as training and supervising volunteers for in-service live stream needs.
- Manage flower calendar for worship services, ensuring timely flower orders
Other Print and Media Publications
- Work with Staff, Congregational Leaders, and Committees to develop appropriate publications that meet timely needs (i.e., Stewardship, Faith Promise and Fish Fry publications and publicity).
- Produce those publications efficiently and with consideration for cost controls.
- Administer and maintain the church website and church Facebook pages.
- Resource the congregation, small groups and individuals in accessing online platforms (Zoom and streaming platforms).
- Assist in membership database and calendar management.
- Maintain attendance and participation records for annual reporting.
Assist in preparing annual reports.
- Supervise volunteer receptionists in responding to telephone, fax, and e-mail communication and other tasks as needed.
- Offer “front line” hospitality to all visitors to the CUMC offices.
- Assist with managing office supplies (paper, ink, pens, pencils, newsletter supplies, etc.)
- Other responsibilities as appropriate to position and as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Days and hours worked are to as designated by the needs established by the Senior Pastor up to 30 hours per week.
- Occasionally subject to irregular hours.
- Ability to drive and have access to a car; maintain current driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
- Light physical demands of lifting, bending, kneeling, etc.
- Responsibilities may not be done with equal emphasis. The Senior Pastor and Communications Coordinator will collaborate as needed to determine responsibility priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Genuine compassion and respect for all persons.
- Knowledge of and experience with the complex dynamics of congregational governance.
- Has understanding of and commitment to the church’s vital mission.
- Deep faith in, and commitment to the ministry and mission Jesus Christ.
- Good knowledge of computers, publication software, Microsoft office (to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Good knowledge of social media platforms (to include live streaming and recording), and website management.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com