Bristol United Methodist Church seeks Director of Music, Worship, and Creative Arts
Bristol United Methodist Church, an evangelical, Christ-centered congregation is in search of a full-time Director of Music, Worship & Creative Arts to lead all aspects of our music, worship, and technology in both our traditional and contemporary services. The right person for this position should be able to meet the following requirements:
- Have a personal and growing relationship with Christ through a regular, demonstrated by the fruit of a Spirit-led life.
- Be a strong lead vocalist capable of leading congregational worship with skill and energy.
- Have a proficiency on at least one musical instrument
- Have educational experience relevant to the position
- Have a proficient knowledge of hymns
- Have experience leading modern worship, being in tune with current music and methods
- Be capable of leading existing worship teams of musicians and singers with the goal of recruiting more to develop the teams further
- Have the ability to lead and direct a choir
- Have a working knowledge of sound equipment
- Have experience with presentation software (Pro Presenter), video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro), and graphics editing software (Adobe Photoshop)
- Have a willingness to be assigned other responsibilities outside of music
- Selecting music for each Sunday in both services to go along thematically with the pastor’s sermon.
- Leading congregational singing in our traditional Sunday morning service, leading worship in our contemporary service and providing overall leadership from the stage, managing all aspects of the morning service from music to technology.
- Lead weekly rehearsals with the worship team(s).
- Lead/direct our choir, choosing music and leading a weekly rehearsal.
- Load the presentation software (Pro Presenter) with the lyrics of each
- song, announcement slides, and videos for the Sunday morning service.
- Oversee special music, solos, ensembles, etc. for the morning service.
- Plan and direct all holiday productions and holiday special music.
- Manage the sound booth teams – recruiting, training, and scheduling
- Manage the sound equipment, keeping tabs on equipment needs, maintenance, repairs, and managing the music budget.
- Be responsible for all aspects of music and technology at retreats and other special occasions, setting up equipment, preparing music and lyrics, leading worship, tearing down equipment.
- Creating announcement slides.
- Editing the sermon each week to post on our website and to social media.
- Creating promotional and testimonial videos for use in our Sunday morning services.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, and work one on one with the pastor to
- plan services.
- Attend church administration meetings, keeping church leadership informed of all worship and music related news and events.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and any relevant media links to email@example.com.
About Bristol, Indiana – Bristol is a quaint town of approximately 1,600 people situated on the border of Indiana and Michigan, 20 miles East of South Bend. The St. Joe river runs through Bristol giving the area many summer recreational opportunities. Bristol is in Elkhart County, which is the Recreational Vehicle capital of the world and home to one of the largest Amish and Mennonite settlements in the world. The RV industry is the economic backbone of Elkhart County, which is why it consistently has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation and is often featured in national publications. Elkhart County is one of the most affordable places to live in the United States and a great place to raise a family with great schools, parks, and family-friendly entertainment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org