In 1897 a training school for nurses was established at Hope Hospital of Fort Wayne (eventually Parkview). The present location of the Parkview Hospital and the Parkview – Methodist School of Nursing was determined in 1939 when the eighteen-acre site at Randallia and State was acquired through the vision of Rev. Ezra T. Franklin, D.D., Superintendent of the hospital from 1932 to 1943, aided by the gifts of a few citizens.
The amounts expended for construction of the hospital and the School of Nursing were respectively $4,350,000 and $600,000. Ground was broken for the hospital on August 12, 1951, and for the School of Nursing on February 7, 1953. The structure which housed the nursing school, known as English Hall, was completed and dedicated in the fall of 1953. After serving for 94 years and training more than 2,400 people, the School of Nursing was closed in 1991. English Hall remained vacant in 2014 and plans were announced to demolish it.
GPS: 41 05 41.45, -085 06 39.36