Jonathon Flood, one of the founders of the Methodist Protestant Church, is buried with his wife, Mary, and other family members on the west side of the cemetery of the former Hopewell United Methodist Church, which he organized as an M.P. congregation in 1844. The cemetery is located on the north side of Randolph County Road 550N, west of County Road 700W, five and a half miles north of Farmland. Flood’s family donated the grounds for the church and cemetery, one-quarter mile from his log cabin home.
Having been closed in the late 1980s, the church building itself was demolished in 2013 when no buyer could be found for it.
GPS: 40 14 34.68, -085 06 52.20