Bishop Titus Lowe was the Resident Bishop of the Indianapolis Area from 1939 to 1944, and the Indiana Area from 1944 to 1948. Among his accomplishments was organizing the School of the Prophets in 1942. Lowe died in Indianapolis on Nov. 27, 1959. Bishops Richard C. Raines and J. Ralph Magee conducted his funeral. The remains were cremated, and he was laid to rest in the mausoleum at Crown Hill Cemetery on Dec 4, 1959. The ashes of his wife Edith had evidently been placed here after her death in 1955.
The finding aid for the Titus Lowe Papers in the Archives of DePauw University and Indiana United Methodism has this biographical sketch for him:
Bishop Titus Lowe immigrated to the U.S. from Britain as a boy and later attended Ohio Wesleyan University and Western Theological Seminary. After serving in churches throughout the U.S. and India, he was called to be Corresponding Secretary of the Board of Foreign Missions and was elected Bishop in 1924, assigned successively to the Singapore area, the Portland Area and the Indianapolis Area. Bishop Lowe was a member of the Indiana conference and his achievements were many: Charter member of the World Service Commission, President of the Methodist Commission on Interdenominational Relations, President of the Council of Bishops, and President of the Methodist Hospital of Indianapolis. … Lowe retired from the Episcopacy in 1948 and became Executive Secretary of the Methodist Commission on Overseas Relief for five years. He lived out his retirement in Indianapolis until his death in November 1959.
The Lowe's marker is in Aisle L, Niche 71, in the stately mausoleum building. It is easy to visit this site where respects can be paid to one of the Church's past leaders.
GPS: 39 49 36.4, -86 10 22.8