First UM Church is located at 12th and Jackson Streets. A congregation of the M.E. Church began meeting in homes in the community of Anderson in 1821 and was organized as a congregation in 1827. Their first primitive log church was on the southwest corner of 11th and Delaware Streets. In 1849 a new church was constructed on the northeast corner of 11th and Meridian. In 1871 the congregation relocated to a new building on the southeast corner of 11th and Meridian and it remained until the congregation built at 12th and Jackson Streets in 1900. This building was destroyed by fire on in 1960 and a new church was constructed on the same site in 1965. A historical marker for the original location is located at the intersection of Brown-Delaware Street and West 11th Street.