United Methodist Women
The UNITED METHODIST WOMEN shall be a community of women whose PURPOSE is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
United Methodist Women of Indiana is a statewide organization of women engaged in mission and advocacy and a part of the North Central Jurisdiction UMW. More information from the United Methodist Women National Office can be found at www.unitedmethodistwomen.org.
The Latest Updates from United Methodist Women
UMW North Central Jurisdictional Event Cancelled [Thursday, April 16]
In light of the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus and our primary concern for the health and safety of our members and church family, we, the UMW-NCJ Leadership team, have decided to reschedule the North Central Jurisdiction Event taking place at the Best Western PLUS Ramkota Hotel and Conference Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Our team, with guidance from the National Events Management Department and legal counsel, will work to find the best alternative date while continuing to monitor this unique health crisis. We ask for your patience as we begin this work.
Global UMW Events Postponed [Monday, April 6]
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, United Methodist Women today announced changes for two of its major program events scheduled for April through May 2020.
The organization will seek to reschedule four of its five quadrennial Jurisdiction events where members elect United Methodist Women’s national Board of Directors and Program Advisory Group members. Also, the organization is exploring online distance learning resources for those registered for its annual national Mission u training events for conference study leaders.
Additional information about these events is forthcoming.
Update from the United Methodist Women of Indiana [Sunday, April 5]
The 2020 Mission U learning opportunity has been cancelled. More information will be shared at a later date.
The 2020 Mission learning opportunity has been CANCELLED. More information will be shared at a later date.
We are committed to connecting to all the women who want to be a part of our organization. Here is what we want to achieve in 2019:
2019 Conference Goals
Membership – Grow membership in each district by 1%. Recognize units at risk of becoming inactive
- Promote conference events and programs with the goal of improving attendance/ participation
- Intentionally recruit new members (widen the circle). INVITE! INVITE! INVITE!
Assess meeting times and make adjustments
- Rebranding/ renaming events
- Offer alternative ways of engagement via clusters, online groups, creative partnerships
- Each conference and district officer visit at least 3 local units yearly to encourage, support, and educate.
Mission Giving- meet or exceed pledge
- Encourage giving to a mission in honor of Legacy women
- Educate- share where the money goes, emptying the treasury at year end, special year-end giving
- Communicate- improve engagement and communication through local unit visitations (LUVs)
- Share our stories
Local and District Treasurer Forms
- Indiana Conference UMW Remittance Form
- Instruction for completing Remittance Form
- All-Star & Five Star Giving Form