United Methodist Women
The UNITED METHODIST WOMEN shall be a community of women whose PURPOSE is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
United Methodist Women of Indiana is a statewide organization of women engaged in mission and advocacy and a part of the North Central Jurisdiction UMW. More information from the United Methodist Women National Office can be found at www.unitedmethodistwomen.org.
Statement from United Methodist Women About Jurisdiction Events and Mission U
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, United Methodist Women today announced changes for two of its major program events scheduled for April through May 2020.
The organization will seek to reschedule four of its five quadrennial Jurisdiction events where members elect United Methodist Women’s national Board of Directors and Program Advisory Group members. Also, the organization is exploring online distance learning resources for those registered for its annual national Mission u training events for conference study leaders.
Additional information about these events is forthcoming.
We are committed to connecting to all the women who want to be a part of our organization. Here is what we want to achieve in 2019:
2019 Conference Goals
Membership – Grow membership in each district by 1%. Recognize units at risk of becoming inactive
- Promote conference events and programs with the goal of improving attendance/ participation
- Intentionally recruit new members (widen the circle). INVITE! INVITE! INVITE!
Assess meeting times and make adjustments
- Rebranding/ renaming events
- Offer alternative ways of engagement via clusters, online groups, creative partnerships
- Each conference and district officer visit at least 3 local units yearly to encourage, support, and educate.
Mission Giving- meet or exceed pledge
- Encourage giving to a mission in honor of Legacy women
- Educate- share where the money goes, emptying the treasury at year end, special year-end giving
- Communicate- improve engagement and communication through local unit visitations (LUVs)
- Share our stories
Local and District Treasurer Forms
- Indiana Conference UMW Remittance Form
- Instruction for completing Remittance Form
- All-Star & Five Star Giving Form