United Methodist Women
The UNITED METHODIST WOMEN shall be a community of women whose PURPOSE is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
United Methodist Women of Indiana is a statewide organization of women engaged in mission and advocacy and a part of the North Central Jurisdiction UMW. More information from the United Methodist Women National Office can be found at www.unitedmethodistwomen.org.
Register for Mission u 2019: July 16-19
Each year, United Methodist Women of Indiana prepare for faithful living and action by devoting time to learn more about mission. Mission u 2019 will be held July 16-19 at the University of Indianapolis. This year’s event, themed “Learning more for the transformation of the world,” will offer three mission studies, including a geographical, a topical, and a spiritual growth study. These studies are designed to motivate, inform, and enrich our commitment to global ministry. Registration ends July 1.
- MISSION U EVENT INFORMATION
- MISSION U PRINT REGISTRATION
- MISSION U ONLINE REGISTRATION
- LEARN ABOUT BIBS PANTRY
We are committed to connecting to all the women who want to be a part of our organization. Here is what we want to achieve in 2019:
2019 Conference Goals
Membership – Grow membership in each district by 1%. Recognize units at risk of becoming inactive
- Promote conference events and programs with the goal of improving attendance/ participation
- Intentionally recruit new members (widen the circle). INVITE! INVITE! INVITE!
Assess meeting times and make adjustments
- Rebranding/ renaming events
- Offer alternative ways of engagement via clusters, online groups, creative partnerships
- Each conference and district officer visit at least 3 local units yearly to encourage, support, and educate.
Mission Giving- meet or exceed pledge
- Encourage giving to a mission in honor of Legacy women
- Educate- share where the money goes, emptying the treasury at year end, special year-end giving
- Communicate- improve engagement and communication through local unit visitations (LUVs)
- Share our stories
Local and District Treasurer Forms
- Indiana Conference UMW Remittance Form
- Instruction for completing Remittance Form
- All-Star & Five Star Giving Form