United Methodist Women
The UNITED METHODIST WOMEN shall be a community of women whose PURPOSE is to know GOD and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
United Methodist Women of Indiana is a statewide organization of women engaged in mission and advocacy and a part of the North Central Jurisdiction UMW. More information from the United Methodist Women National Office can be found at www.unitedmethodistwomen.org.
Mission u 2018 – Learning Together for the Transformation of the World
Mission u of Indiana registration is now open. Save 10% by registering before June15th. Join us as First Lady Racelder Grandberry-Trimble leads us through the spiritual growth study, Embracing Wholeness: An Earth Perspective for Convenantal Living. She is a professional counselor and graduate of Methodist Theological School in Ohio. Kathie Clemenz and Patsy Fleener has spent a great part of their lives in mission relationships with missionary conferences. Join them as they lead us through the geographic study, Missionary Conferences of the United Methodist Church in the United States. Click here for more information.
The 2017 report to the 2018 Indiana Annual Conference is now available. Our theme for 2017 was “A Call to Community.” We are focused on being Women of Welcome and a Sisterhood of Grace with less emphasis on meetings and rules and more on building relationships and connection. With a membership of over 10,696 women focused on the same vision of turning faith, hope and love into action, we remain committed to strengthening connections at the local level, providing leadership training and helping women grow on their faith journeys. Click here to view the full report.
2018 Conference Goals
- Promote engagement of younger women
- Nurture college-aged women
- Provide opportunities for flexible leadership and mentoring
- Market events in ways that attract younger women
- Extend personal invitations
- Learn social media
- Provide childcare at all events
- Have an “elevator speech” about the why of UMW
- Foster implementation of the Charter for Racial Justice
- Stand up for Racial Justice
- Extend outreach to ethnic and multicultural congregations
- Improve connection and communication to and with local units
- Each member of leadership team makes at least one quarterly contact with a local unit other than her own