You are invited to join us for the Lay Servant Ministries Academy to begin or continue training for living out the call to make disciples for the transformation of our churches, communities, and world.
Cost: $15 per person – Lunch is included
Payment Information: Visa and MasterCard accepted
Please print a copy of your registration for your receipt.
Check payments must be mailed within 7 days of registration. Please include a copy of your invoice with your check.
Make checks payable to INUMC
Attn: Lisa Timmerman
301 Pennsylvania Parkway, #300
Indianapolis, IN 46280
Registration deadline: April 9, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Cancellation policy: cancellations must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on April 9, 2020 to be eligible for a refund less processing fee. No refunds after this date.
Student must purchase class book. Two hours of pre-class study and preparation are required to achieve the 10-hour commitment. We recommend ordering book(s) three weeks prior to class to ensure delivery and adequate study time. To order, call 800-972-0433 or go online to Upper Room Bookstore
Select one class:
- Basic Lay Servant Ministries – This course is foundational for all courses in lay servant ministries. You will need to order this textbook: Lay Servant Ministries Participant’s Book; Authors: Sandy Ziegler & Brian Jackson ISBN: 978-0-88177-626-3
- Preaching Advanced Course – From Your Heart to Theirs: Delivering an Effective Sermon. You will need to order this textbook: From Your Heart to Theirs: Delivering an Effective Sermon; Authors Tony Franks and David Carroll ISBN 978-0-88177-536-5 $6
- Worship Advanced Course – This course focuses on the ministry of the lay servant who either regularly or occasionally leads a group or congregation in worship. You will need to order this textbook: Worshipping with United Methodists (Revised); Author Hoyt Hickman ISBN 978-0-68733-526-8 $11.99
- Heritage Advanced Course – Transforming Evangelism. This course leads participants to learn from John Wesley how to practice relational evangelism. You will need to order this textbook: Transforming Evangelism. Authors Henry H Knight III and F. Douglas Powe Jr. ISBN 978-0-88177-485-6 $14
- Advanced Course – Aging and Ministry. This is a practical guide for building ministry for older adults. You will need to order this textbook: Aging and Ministry in the 21st Century Author Richard H Gentzler Jr. ISBN 978-0-88177-540-2 $13
- Advanced Course – God’s Mission…Our Journey. This course will provide participants with a better understanding of a holistic approach to participate in God’s mission communities and beyond. You will need to order this textbook: A Mission Journey: A Handbook for Volunteers. ISBN 978-0-8358-1786-8 $17