February 1-29, 2020 (Five Saturdays)
- Basic Course – This course is required for first time attendees. Discover and employ your personal spiritual gifts as God intended. Consider the importance of exercising servant leadership. Led by Michael Rhoades; Book: Lay Servant Ministries isbn:978-0-88177-626-3; $8.50 – $11
- Leading Worship – Learn about the ministry of helping to lead a congregation in worship (not music). Focus on the parts, purpose, and traditions of a service in the UMC. Requires completion of the Basic Course. Led by Pastor Mike Settles; Book: Worshiping with United Methodists; isbn 978-0-68733-526-8; $10 – $13
- Beginning Preaching – Begin to learn tools to create faithful, engaging sermons and learn skills to gain comfort in public speaking. Led by Pastor Denny Soule; Book: From Pew to Pulpit; isbn 978-0-68706-660-5; $10 – $11
- Advanced Preaching – Dig deeper into the skills learned in Beginning Preaching. Discuss types of sermons, using the hymnal, finding a story, and more. Led by Pastor Carl Hetler; Book: From your Heart to Theirs; isbn 978-0-88177-536-5; $5 – $6; Requires the Basic Course and class size is limited.
- Leading Missional Small Groups – Learn the Wesleyan way to form missioinal communities. Holiness of heart leads to holiness of life. Communities of holy love move God’s mission in the world. Requires completion of the Basic Course. Led by Carol Robinson; Book: Transforming Community; isbn 978-0-88177-754-3; $10 – $15
- Devotional Life in the Wesleyan Tradition – Learn to apply Wesley’s “means of grace” to your own life. Covers prayer, Scripture, sacraments, fasting, and more. Requires completion of Basic Course. Led by TBA; Book Devotional Life in the Wesleyan Tradition (workbook); isbn 978-0-8358-0740-1; $12
Please contact Sandy Atkinson with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org