As our Indiana United Methodist Churches and leaders anticipate our Annual Conference in June 2020 you are invited to prepare and submit any possible resolutions or petitions you may be considering.
A Resolution is any request for the Indiana Annual Conference to make a change, take an action, or recognize a formal expression of opinion on an issue. Any Indiana United Methodist lay member, pastor, group or agency may submit for consideration a resolution to the Indiana Annual Conference. Such resolutions must be submitted to the Indiana Annual Conference Secretary and the Petitions & Resolutions Team no later than ninety (90) days prior to the start of the Annual Conference session on June 11-13.
A Petition is any request for the General Conference to take an action ¶507.4, alter the wording of The Book of Discipline ¶507.2 or affirm a formal expression on an issue. Any Indiana United Methodist lay member, pastor, or agency may submit a petition directly to the General Conference or may submit their General Conference petition to the Indiana Conference asking for Indiana Conference affirmation (of the petition) with the expectation that, if affirmed (by a simple majority vote), the Indiana Annual Conference Secretary would forward the petition to the General Conference. All petitions must be submitted no later than ninety (90) days prior to the start of the Annual Conference session on June 11-13.
- Complete the fillable submission form for each petition/resolution.
- Each petition/resolution must deal with only one issue or Disciplinary paragraph or concern.
- This form has four (4) total pages with four (4) sections. All sections must be completed or it will be returned to you as incomplete and may cause a delay. Feel free to add additional pages if necessary.
- Deadline: All petitions/resolutions must be received in the Indiana Conference Center by March 13, 2020.
- Please submit your form to email@example.com or U.S. Mail to: INUMC Petitions and Resolutions, 301 Pennsylvania Pkwy, Ste 300, Indianapolis IN 46280