The Indiana Conference Lay Leadership Team is pleased to sponsor the 2020 Laity Sermon Manuscript Contest. The contest is open to all laypersons in the Indiana Conference.
Following the theme of the 2020 Indiana Annual Conference Session, the theme for this year’s manuscript contest is based on John Wesley’s three general rules: “Do no harm. Do good. Stay in love with God.” We will be accepting entries in two categories: Adult and Emerging Leader, which would include any individual in middle school, high school, or college. The winning manuscript will be presented during the Annual Conference Laity Session on Thursday, June 11.
Rules for the contest are as follows:
- Manuscripts must be original and based on the theme.
- Manuscripts should be no more than 10 minutes in length when presented.
- Entries will be based on clarity, originality, relationship to the theme and composition.
- Manuscripts must be accompanied by a cover sheet that includes the writer’s name, category, address, phone number, email address, local church name and district.
- Entrants are asked not to include any personally identifying information in the manuscript itself since we want the manuscripts to be judged anonymously.
- All entries MUST be received no later than Friday, May 8.
- The winner will be notified by Friday, May 22.
Entries should be submitted to Kim Arnott, Conference Director of Lay Servant Ministries, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about the contest, please contact Kim Arnott at the above email address.