The Indiana Conference Board of Laity is pleased to once again sponsor the 2021 Laity Sermon Manuscript Contest. The contest is open to all laypersons in the Indiana Conference.
In collaboration with the 2021 Indiana Annual Conference Session, the theme for this year’s manuscript contest “Blessed are the Peacemakers: How Do We Become Peacemakers in a Troubled World” based on Matthew 5:9: “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.” We will once again be accepting entries in two categories: Adult and Emerging Leader, which would include any individual in middle school, high school, or college. As the Annual Conference will be virtual again this year, the authors of the winning manuscripts will pre-record their presentations which will be included as part of the Laity Session of Annual Conference, Saturday, June 5.
Rules for the contest are as follows:
- Manuscripts must be original and based on the theme.
- Manuscripts should be no more than 10 minutes in length when presented.
- Entries will be judged based on clarity, originality, relationship to the theme and composition.
- Manuscripts must be accompanied by a cover sheet that includes the writer’s name, category, address, phone number, email address, local church name and district.
- Entrants are asked not to include any personally identifying information in the manuscript itself since we want the manuscripts to be judged anonymously.
- All entries MUST be received no later than Friday, April 16.
- The winner will be notified by Friday, April 30.
Entries should be submitted to Kim Arnott, Conference Director of Lay Servant Ministries, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about the contest, please contact Kim Arnott at the above email address.