Children Matter Most Initiative
Jesus takes children seriously. Jesus brings them to the forefront when He is asked who is the greatest among us. Jesus gives a harsh warning to those who would cause harm to the growth of a child. Jesus loves children.
A group of leaders, who also love and have concern for children, have begun meeting regularly to focus on the needs of children throughout Indiana. This group was first convened by Bishop Trimble who named the cause of the group “Children Matter Most.” The leaders include those in local ministries and churches who are focused on children. The group believes children are the most vulnerable amongst us, as well as, the most resilient when given opportunities to thrive.
A passion for children and how Jesus sees them is obvious within the Children Matter Most team and their hope is that you would jump in too. Children are invaluable to Jesus and our church and you have a role to play, we all do! Pray for the work of this group, the children in your life and neighborhood, and that you would be prepared to come alongside this team and Bishop Trimble to make Indiana a place where children are highly valued and fully thriving.
- 40 Developmental assets
- 50 Ways to Engage Local Schools
- Directory of Services for Children and Families
- Preventing Adverse Childhood Experiences
- ACE’s Primer Video
- Crisis Care Ministries: Tip Sheets and Resources
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles: National Center for School Crisis and Bereavement
- Child Abuse Prevention Tips
UPDATES & RECENT STORIES
- CMM welcomes Emma Bennett as an intern! Hear what CMM means to Emma.
- Being Peace to Make Peace: How one ministry is equipping youth to challenge violence
- 25 years of Championing Children: East 10th United Methodist Children and Youth Center
- Noblesville First: A Respite for the Weary
- Banking at Barnes: How One Church is Teaching Children Financial Literacy
- Jesus Loves the Little Children: A special call to foster and adoptive care
Do you have a story to share about how your church is focusing on ministry to children? Send us an email and share your story.