June 11-12, 2021, Digital Conference Only
Due to the continued risk of spreading COVID at in-person gatherings, Annual Conference 2021 will be fully digital. The Celebration of Life service (Friday evening) and the Celebration of Ministry service (Saturday) will both be live streamed. Attendance at the Celebration of Ministry event will be limited to those who will be invited for the Ordination Service.
District Equalization Willingness to Serve Listings
In order to provide full representation of laity at this year’s Annual Conference Session, Bishop Trimble has ruled an exception to our rules for 2021. Several districts will be holding a second district conference in order to fill their open laity equalization spots. Dates for these conferences will be finalized soon. (The Southeast and Southwest Districts elected a full roster at their first district conference and don’t need to hold a second district conference.) If you are interested, you must fill out the 2021 Willingness to Serve form by April 12. If you were elected earlier at this year’s district conferences, you remain an equalization member and don’t need to do anything further.
- Central District Conference – Saturday, May 8, 10am ET (17 openings) – Willingness to Serve submissions
- East District Conference – Wednesday, April 28, 7pm ET (5 openings) – Willingness to Serve submissions
- North District Conference – Tuesday, May 4, 6pm ET (15 openings) – Willingness to Serve submissions
- North Central District Conference – Wednesday, May 5, 7pm ET (3 openings) – Willingess to Serve submissions
- Northeast District Conference – Thursday, May 6, 7pm ET (15 openings) – Willingness to Serve submissions
- Northwest District Conference – Thursday, May 6, 7pm ET (2 openings) – Willingness to Serve submissions
- South District Conference – Sunday, May 2, 2pm ET (2 openings) – Willingness to Serve submissions
- West District Conference – Saturday, May 8, 12noon ET (5 openings) – Willingness to Serve submissions
Program Guide – coming soon!
Petitions and Resolutions
The deadline to submit petitions or resolutions for the 2021 Annual Conference has passed.
Rules and Structure
The United Methodist Churches of Indiana declares itself to be a continuing entity of the larger Body of Christ within the denomination known as The United Methodist Church. As that declared body, we are defined and directed for purposes of organization and procedure by the 2016 edition of The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church. Our Organizational Structure, Standing Rules, and Rules of Order as defined and written in this document continue in force from year to year, from one session of the Annual Conference to the next, except as changed or amended from time to time as prescribed by The Book of Discipline and this document.
- The Indiana Conference Rules and Structure Document will be printed annually in the official Journal of the Annual Conference Session and posted on the Indiana Conference website.
- Click here to view the full document, updated 11-9-2020.