NEW YORK – United Methodists are invited to participate in #GivingTuesday, December 3, an online giving campaign that gained popularity in the U.S. this past year following the Thanksgiving holiday.
United Methodist Global Ministries is participating in UMC #GivingTuesday December 3, by raising awareness about The Advance and encouraging people to make a donation to an Advance project or to the missionary community.
Each gift given on that day that is made online through The Advance on UMC #GivingTuesday will be matched dollar for dollar, meaning that 200 percent of every donation through your Advance number on December 3 will directly impact your ministry.
This would include Indiana-based projects or people such as:
- Mission Guatemala – Projects #3019214 – Implementing health, education and nutrition programs in the Lake Atitlan region;
- Liberia Operation Classroom – Projects #3020494 – Upgrading education and healthcare, and training counselors in partnership with the Church;
- Sierra Leone Operation Classroom – Projects #12922A – Improving education in selected United Methodist schools through training and providing supplies;
- Children of Abraham, Inc. – Projects #3021427 – Sending surplus medical supplies and equipment to areas of need around the world;
- Terrell, Hayley – Missionary Profiles #3021851 – Hayley Terrell is a missionary through the US-2 young adult program of the General Board of Global Ministries. Commissioned in August 2013, she is assigned to the Dallas Leadership Foundation, Dallas, Texas;
- Ilula Orphan Program – Projects #15159N in Ilula, Tanzania, has been listed as an Advance Project since 2007. Supporting the living expense of girls affected by HIV Aids and United Methodist Church construction. Berit Skaare, the volunteer missionary at IOP is a member of Christ UMC in Washington, Ind.
For more Advance projects worldwide, visit www.umcmission.org/Give-to-Mission/The-Advance.