Workshops will abound during the 2013 Indiana Annual Conference Session
INDIANAPOLIS – Workshops for both annual conference members and guests will abound on Thursday morning and all day Friday during the upcoming 2013 Indiana Annual Conference Session June 6-8 at the Indiana Convention Center in downtown Indianapolis.
These workshops will be presented on Thursday, June 6 from 9:30 to 11 a.m.:
- “Cost Stewardship … it’s about leveraging dollars and sense to fund ministries”
- “Decision Makers Seminar” to discuss issues coming to Annual Conference Session
- “Faith and Creation Care”
- “Fraud and Identity Theft – Consumer Protection Outreach”
- “INUMC Festival of Young Preachers” (9 a.m. to noon)
- “Living Sermon Illustrations: Drama as part of the message”
- “New Annual Conference Member Orientation”
- “Stamp Out Stigma Seminar on HIV/AIDS”
These workshops will be presented on Friday, June 7 from 10:15 to 11:30 a.m.
- “The 5 Essentials of TEAM”
- “Being Transformed Through Personal Prayer”
- “Changing the World through Multi-Site Ministry”
- “Changing the World through Social Media”
- “Changing the World TOGETHER”
- “Culturally Relevant Ministry in a Changing World”
- “Equipping World Changers – Equipping Youth as Leaders”
- “Gifted for World Change”
- “Raising World Changers – Inspiring young hearts to serve"
The cost of registration for these workshops for Annual Conference clergy and lay members is included in the Annual Conference Session registration fee. The cost of registration for these workshops for “guests” of the Annual Conference Session will be a flat $25 for Thursday and/or Friday. Registration will be through the Annual Conference Session online registration, which opens April 1.
Details about each of these workshops and registration are available online at www.inumc.org/ac13.
Worship Leaders Day to be held Friday afternoon during Conference Session
INDIANAPOLIS – A unique Worship Leaders Day is being planned to be held during the Indiana Annual Conference Session on Friday, June 7 from 1 to 5 p.m. in the Indiana Convention Center. The workshop will be limited to 100 participants. The Worship Leaders Day is a workshop designed to celebrate, educate and motivate worship leaders, music directors and worship musicians throughout the State of Indiana, that are not members of the annual conference session. The registration fee is $50. For more information about the Worship Leaders Day, click here.
Indiana Conference receiving nominations for Harrry Denman Evangelism Awards
The Indiana Annual Conference is now accepting nominations for the Harry Denman Evangelism Award for Clergy, Laity and Youth. The Harry Denman Evangelism Award recognizes a person whose life and ministry exemplifies the teaching of Christ and the Great Commission. Recipients of these awards, nominated by individuals, churches or districts, and selected by the Annual Conference, live their call to “Offer Them Christ” daily as modeled by Dr. Harry Denman. For more information about the Denman Evangelism Awards, nomination submissions and deadline, click here.
2013 Indiana Conference Laity Manuscript Contests now open
INDIANAPOLIS – The Indiana United Methodist Conference’s Lay Leadership Team is again offering the opportunity to express thanks and praise God by submitting an original sermon manuscript for judging. This contest is open to all lay people in the Conference. Following the theme of Indiana’s 2013 Annual Conference, the theme for this year’s manuscript contest is, “How do we develop people to be world changers?” The winning manuscript will be presented at the laity session on Thursday, June 6. For more information about the contest and how to submit an entry, click here.