The Indiana Conference will hold five Regional Finance and Administration training events beginning Saturday, Feb. 9, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. ET at the Paoli United Methodist Church, 749 East State Road 56 in Paoli.
This training event will be repeated on Saturdays, March 23 at Terre Haute, May 4 at Indianapolis, Oct. 5 at Richmond and Nov. 9 at Huntington. All workshops will be from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
These regional events for local church trustees, financial officers and administrators will begin with an hour-long session featuring a keynote presentation by Scott Himsel of the law firm Faegre, Baker, Daniels about “Protecting Your Church’s Ministry.” The plenary will be followed by five 50-minute breakout sessions for trustees, treasurers and church administrators. A second 50-minute breakout session will repeat four presentations so participants can go to a second presentation. Lunch will NOT be provided.
The cost of the event is $45 for each local church regardless of the number of participants attending. Registration deadline is Jan. 27. This event is paid for in part by your Indiana Conference tithe.
Breakout sessions include:
- “The work of the Board of Trustees” with Brent Williams, Conference Director of Administrative Services;
- “The organization and work of the Safety and Building Inspection Team” with a Church Mutual Risk Manager;
- Further discussion including questions-and-answers of “Protecting Your Church’s Ministry” by Scott Himsel of Faegre, Baker, Daniels;
- “The work of the Finance Committee, Treasurer and Financial Secretary” with Jennifer Gallagher, Indiana Conference Treasurer; and
- “Preventing Fraud and Theft in the local church financial operations” with Charlie Rownd, retired FBI employee.
For information about the plenary and workshops plus register for the events, visit the Conference Calendar online at inumc.org and clicking on the date and event on the calendar. Online payment can be made by check, Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express. Make check payable to INUMC and mail to: INUMC, Attn: Lisa Timmerman, 301 Pennsylvania Parkway, Suite 300, Indianapolis IN 46280.
For more information or questions and problems with registration, please contact Lisa Timmerman toll-free at 877-781-6706 or firstname.lastname@example.org.