2011 Indiana Conference Laity Manuscript Contest now open for submissions
Each year, the Indiana Conference Board of Laity offers the opportunity to all laity of the Indiana Conference to express their thanks and praise God by submitting an original sermon manuscript. The theme this year is “What Passionate Worship Means to Me.” Due to the full agenda of the Laity Session, the sermon must be no more than 15 minutes in length. Entries will be judged on creativity and original development of the theme, but may be eliminated due to length.
- The author will present the winning manuscript at the Laity Session of the Indiana Annual Conference on Wednesday evening, June 8 at Ball State University in Muncie. Two other manuscripts will be given honorable mention.
- Manuscripts need to be mailed to Ike Williams, Indiana Conference Co-Lay Leader, 1515 Cool Creek Drive, Carmel, Indiana 46033-2318 or via e-mail to email@example.com.
- The manuscript must be accompanied by a cover sheet or letter that includes the writer’s name, address, phone number, email address, local church name and district.
- Please do not include any personally identifying information in the manuscript. Manuscripts will be assigned a number and will be judged anonymously by the selection committee.
- All entries must be received by Monday, May 2. The winner will be notified by May 23.
Additional information concerning the contest can be obtained by contacting Bob Pimlott, Southeast District Lay Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812-273-3081.
Archives, History commission seeks nominations for Historian of the Year
The Indiana Conference Commission on Archives and History is now accepting nominations for Historian of the Year. Up to one award will be given per district, with selection of winners being chosen from among nominees who meet the following two criteria: 1) winners of the similar award given by the former South Indiana Conference are not eligible, and 2) nominees must be on record with the Indiana Conference as the recognized historian of the local church. The nominees should exhibit evidence of careful research into the history of a local congregation and/or evidence of faithful preservation and documentation of that history in ways that make it accessible. For a full list of the guidelines and rules, or to make nominations, please contact Larry Saunders at email@example.com or at 511 School Street, Culver, IN 46511. The extended deadline for nominations is Friday, April 22, and winners will be selected by Friday, May 20.