In order to assist members of the annual conference with their preparation for this year’s session and allow time for the discussion of issues, 10 two-hour annual conference briefings will be held across the state. The date, time and location of each of these briefing is listed below.
The agenda for each of these important briefings will include:
- Reviewing the election process for delegates to General and Jurisdictional Conferences;
- Providing fresh insights into the role of all who attend the Indiana Annual Conference as either lay or clergy members;
- An overview of decisions to be made and events that will happen during conference including: pension rates, property transfer, the proposed 2012 conference budget, tithing, restructure of the annual conference in relation to the Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry and candidates for ministry; plus
- Time for discussion and questions at each briefing.
No motions can be made during a conference briefing. The business of the conference can only be done during the annual conference session.
Practical logistics will be covered about the agenda and content of the 2011 Annual Conference Session in Muncie and a preview of the 2012 Indiana Annual Conference that will convene at the Indianapolis Convention Center in downtown Indianapolis.
The Annual Conference Briefings will be held:
- SUNDAY, MAY 15, 3 p.m. EDT
- East District at High Street UMC, 219 S. High Street, Muncie
- SUNDAY, MAY 15, 7 p.m. EDT
- Northeast District at St. Joseph UMC, 6004 Reed Road, Fort Wayne
- MONDAY, MAY 16, 7 p.m. EDT
- Southeast District at North Vernon UMC, 240 West Poplar Street, North Vernon
- TUESDAY, MAY 17, 7 p.m. EDT
- North Central District at First UMC, 2051 Monument Street, Noblesville
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 18, 7 p.m. EDT
- Central District at Avon UMC, 6850 East U.S. Highway 36, Avon
- THURSDAY, MAY 19, 6 p.m. CDT (7 p.m. EDT)
- Southwest District at Hillside UMC, 828 W 100 N, Princeton
- SUNDAY, MAY 22, 2 p.m. CDT (3 p.m. EDT)
- North District at LaPorte First UMC, 1225 Michigan Ave., LaPorte
- SUNDAY, MAY 22, 7 p.m. EDT
- Northwest District at Dayton UMC, 7201 Wesleyan Drive, Dayton
- MONDAY, MAY 23, 7 p.m. EDT
- West District at Mount Pleasant UMC, 3050 East Davis Drive, Terre Haute
- TUESDAY, MAY 24, 7 p.m. EDT
- South District at Centenary UMC, 309 East Spring Street, New Albany