The United Methodist-related Midwest Mission Distribution Center has received the call on Thursday, March 17, to send relief items to Japan. The first shipment goal is 17,000 health kits. MMDC needs the help of Hoosier United Methodists. The center seeks supplies and/or monetary donations to reach its goal. If one chooses to send a monetary donation, please indicate health kit/Japan relief on checks. MMDC will keep United Methodists up to date on the progress and what the needs are in the coming days. In the meantime, MMDC asks everyone to pray for those in Japan and to pray for those with loved ones in Japan that have been affected by this disaster.
Here is what goes into a health kit
- 1 Hand Towel (15" x 25" up to 17" x 27", no kitchen towels)
- 1 Washcloth
- 1 Comb (large & sturdy, not pocket size or pic)
- 1 Nail file or Fingernail Clipper (no emery boards or toenail clippers)
- 1 Bath-size Bar of Soap (3 oz. or larger in original wrapper)
- 1 Toothbrush (single brushes only-in original wrapper, no child-size brushes) (no multiple packs) (no dentist name or phone number)
- 1 Tube of Toothpaste (6.4 oz or larger. Check expiration dates-must be at least ONE YEAR ahead.) (You may leave out and send $1.
- Adhesive Plastic Strip Sterile Bandages (regular size and wrapped in a rubber band)
Wrap all the items in the hand towel and placed in a new, one gallon plastic zip closure bag. Please make sure all items are correct sizes. If they are not the correct size, they are unusable. In addition, health kit items in bulk are very desirable as well.
Please note: if you have questions please e-mail email@example.com or call 217-483-7911. In addition, please check MMDC's website at www.midwestmissiondc.org or its Facebook page at www.facebook.com/midwestmission for updates.
In addition, you can donate money for health kits using a major credit card: CLICK HERE!
Again, please say a prayer for all of those affected by this disaster.
Thank you for your support.