INDIANAPOLIS – The Rev. Adolf Hansen completed his term June 30 as the Indiana Conference Interim Director of Human Resources. Yesterday, July 1, Brent Williams, conference director of administrative service, assumed the duties of HR. Hansen was hired primarily to establish HR policies and procedures for the new conference, create a common conference employee handbook, and assist Bishop Mike Coyner and the conference directors in hiring the new conference staff. Human resources will now be administered by Williams.
Hansen was instrumental in the uniting of the two conferences prior to his HR appointment. He retired from being vice president of administration at Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary in Evanston, Ill., after 21 years of service. He and his wife, Naomi, then moved back to Indianapolis. In relationship to Indiana’s two conference now united, this is the role he played in helping to establish the new Indiana Conference.
- 2003 – Member of the Visioning Task Force (SIC) under Bishop Woodie White
- 2004 – Member of Futuring Task Force (SIC) under Bishop Mike Coyner
- 2005 – Member of Merger Task Force (NIC and SIC)
- 2006 – Co-chair of Imagine Indiana Planning Team (NIC and SIC)
- 2007 – Member of Imagine Indiana Design Team (NIC and SIC)
- 2008 through June 30, 2010 – Interim Director of Human Resources
Even though retired anew, Hansen plans to work with the Lilly Endowment, Inc. and some of our United Methodist-related seminaries.