When the Rev. Joe and Carolyn Wagner visited the Operation Classroom schools and hospitals in Liberia and Sierra Leone this past winter, they saw that specific items were needed. For those attending the Indiana Annual Conference session in Muncie June 10-12, please bring these received supplies for the United Methodist Church in Liberia or Sierra Leone, to the truck parked and open west of Emens Auditorium in the parking lot facing McKinley Avenue. The entrance to the lot is around the corner, off Riverside Avenue. The truck will be open each day of conference to receive donations until after dinner on Saturday, June 12. Choose one or more of these kits and bring them to conference to place in the truck.
Health Kits for teachers
- One bath towel
- One wash cloth
- 1 Comb (large & sturdy, not pocket size or pic)
- One tube of toothpaste & toothbrush (single brushes only-in original wrapper, no child-size brushes) (no multiple packs
- One bar of soap (bath size) (in original wrapper)
- One can talc powder or bottle of body lotion
- One bottle vitamins
- One bottle Tylenol, or something similar
In packing the health kit, place all other items on the towel. Fold it up so that the items are secure inside. Then place the bundle inside a two- to three-gallon plastic bag. To pack kits together in boxes, please do so according to the Operation Classroom instructions.
- 4 cloth diapers
- 2 shirts
- 2 wash cloths
- 2 gowns, sleepers or onesies
- 6 diaper pins
- 2 receiving blankets
Bundle the items inside one of the receiving blankets and secure it with diaper pins.
- Cloth – can be remnants
- Buttons (5 to 8 matching)
- Zippers (size 8 and 17)
- Embroidery needles and thread
- Sewing scissors
- Package of needles (not machine)