EVANSTON, Ill., – Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary announces a new scholarship that pays full tuition and a $10,000 annual stipend available to full-time students enrolling in a master’s degree program in the fall of 2010.
In addition to the Eliza Garrett Scholarships, the seminary awards more than $2 million in scholarships each year. Highly qualified incoming students are also eligible for full-tuition scholarships with annual stipends as well as many full-tuition and partial tuition scholarships. For more information about these scholarships, please visit www.garrett.edu and search “scholarships.”
The new scholarship’s name honors Eliza Clark Garrett, the inspiration, chief benefactor and founder of the seminary that opened its doors in 1853.
To qualify for the Eliza Garrett Scholarship, students must:
- Be accepted into one of Garrett-Evangelical’s master’s degree programs: Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Christian Education, Master of Arts in Music Ministry, Master of Arts in Pastoral Care & Counseling, Master of Arts in Spiritual Formation and Master of Theological Studies
- Have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Submit an essay with the application
- Interview with designated Admissions/Scholarship staff
- Complete application by Feb. 1, 2010
For more information about the seminary, visit www.garrett.edu.