The pastors of Whiting United Methodist Church (near Chicago), Benson Chapel (near Danville, Ill.), and a layman from Yorktown UMC (near Muncie) got together for a one-hour North Indiana Conference workshop on Sending of the Saints led by Ed Fenstermacher in Fort Wayne. How can people in the four corners of the North Indiana Conference afford the time and travel expense to meet for an hour? The answer - the workshop happened in cyberspace. Well, actually it was conducted though phone lines, with each participant viewing simultaneously Fenstermacher computer screen.
This is what Bob from Yorktown says about the experience. "I think we should have more of these online workshops since it is very convenient:
- No travel costs;
- Can eat breakfast/drink coffee/relax/dress very casually;
- Can ask questions easily;
- Can interact with others and hear their concerns;
- The informality of the presentation and the thoroughness of the presentation; and,
- The very low cost to me to attend the workshop (only cost was one hour of time with phone tolls not an issue). I'm looking forward to more of this type of exchange."
Bob is one of 18 people who have participated thus far in an online workshop. If you've missed out, you're in luck because more are planned, including a new one on Radical Hospitality!
For more information, log on to www.nicumc.org/cd/blog/?p=309.