The First United Methodist Church Martinsville held a Grand Opening in November in an entirely new facility at the intersection of State Road 37 and Old Highway 37 just north of the Martinsville Country Club.
The church reopened for services on Nov. 16. A "grand opening" followed on Celebration Sunday, Nov. 23. After morning services, tours were given of the new church facility along with a consecration service and formal opening.
The old building at Sycamore and Pike Streets was opened in 1952. At a closing ceremony, the cornerstone was removed and opened, remembrances were shared, and a ceremonial walk to the new church followed.